Title says all, heres one for an Ibanez JEM7V

I lived in NY. I purchaced this on 9/11. This guitar has been through heck with me. I was running from the dust cloud and this guitar is very bulky and even with the handle, it is heavy. So I droped it. It is the guitar or me. A week later I find it in the same spot,and it didn't even have a scratch! The only thing that was wrong was that it had soot all over it. But I cleaned it and it looked brand new! When I told this story to my friends they didn't believe me. Now I live in Miami,Fl and now here is another story. I live in an apartment on the 36th floor with a balcony. I was playing it on the balcony,I left it outside while I got the phone,and my guitar fell out of the balcony and I pick it up later on the sidewalk and only 4 scratches. I had this for 8 years. It is pricey but worth it.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Dec 13, 2008,
haha?
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground
i would, but i can't think of anyone i've seen
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Quote by Audioslave95
^^i dont get it?

Its not the best...I was just in a rush to make this thread, I'll post better ones later.

EDIT: Line 6 Spider III 150

I bought this amp not too long ago and I gotta tell ya, this is by far the best amp I have ever played through. You can do so much the effects and presets, its crazy. You don't even have to fool with the knobs on the thing. Out of all the hundreds of presets, I'm sure even the pickiest of tone freaks could find something that he/she likes. There are also hidden functions on this amp that you can only find in the owners manual, they arent much but theyre pretty cool. I bought the FBV express pedal to go with it and you can do almost EVERY function on the amp from the pedal. This amp is sooo sick! I cant even descibe it. I bought the combo because it is easy to transport. Maybe some day I will get the Half stack, but it is not at all necessary.

EDIT: Ibanez JEM7V

I lived in NY. I purchaced this on 9/11. This guitar has been through heck with me. I was running from the dust cloud and this guitar is very bulky and even with the handle, it is heavy. So I droped it. It is the guitar or me. A week later I find it in the same spot,and it didn't even have a scratch! The only thing that was wrong was that it had soot all over it. But I cleaned it and it looked brand new! When I told this story to my friends they didn't believe me. Now I live in Miami,Fl and now here is another story. I live in an apartment on the 36th floor with a balcony. I was playing it on the balcony,I left it outside while I got the phone,and my guitar fell out of the balcony and I pick it up later on the sidewalk and only 4 scratches. I had this for 8 years. It is pricey but worth it.
Last edited by schecter ftw at Dec 13, 2008,
ibanez review = HAHAHAHAHAH!!
I has sigs

Quote by COBGage
If Dimebag can't take a few bullets to the head how's he gonna be able to take a full on Kamehameha?
ok, now that is funny (the ibanez review). lol
Quote by RetroGunslinger
To be honest, I didn't really find either review funny. =/
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
Quote by necrosis1193
To be honest, I didn't really find either review funny. =/

Exactly my thoughts....
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
It wasn't funny, it was lame.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I saw a really stupid jazzmaster review on HC:

Features : 8
i bought a 1962 blue laminated top jazzmaster. the neck is quite nice for alternative. not for hendrix bends. ya. 3 way selector and rythym or lead toggle. Passive electronics i think. I believe it was maple. floating tailpiece. (****.) strange vintage tuners. like the real 1962 ones.

Sound : 4
mostly i play rock or incbusy type songs. a lot of distortion. i use my marshall half stack with it and sometimes a boss-ds1. it does have a buzz when u put it in the rythym treble position and most others exceot if you place the toggle in the middle. this sucks if u use distortion but it can be fixed for a hundred bucks and it takes a week. not on my agenda. the sound really varies unfortunately its not good. it can be good, but when there is distortion on it it sounds like a dying squaling elephant whos nuts just got kut off. a ripple sort of sound. if u have any idea of what i mean.

Action, Fit, & Finish : 5
the action was fine and mostly everything was fine except for the sound problems and the bridge. the bridge sucks monkeys nuts. it rattles non stop which makes u insane. and the strings come out of place every couple of minutes which makes it out of tune. the tuning pegs were ok but it would barely tune right. you have to tune it every ten minutes. it was glazy which i did like.

Reliability/Durability : 9
im sure it will last long but dont use it live. it sucks everywhere. if u wanna be different and use one ur stupid. because you could play the same price for a strat which is nicer more reliable and better sound 2 if u get it with a humbucker. go with the american strats though. trust me.

Customer Support : No Opinion
i dont even know man i had it for 2 weeks. returned it. got an american highway 1 strat. thats how you roll man.

Overall Rating : 4
overall. ... . .get a strat. its pointless unless you have oodles of time and money to spend on a ridiculous guitar collection and repairing, and improving. most rock stars do this. dont follow their foot steps unless u are 1

in bold are the stupid things that make me laugh. seems to me like his distorted tone is just crap, and he hasn't heard of a buzz-stop, would be too lazy to install one, and didn't do research before buying.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
omg, that one about ibanez is funny because you can totally tell its not true, and idk, I thought it was funny.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this review is for a dumble overdrive special.

Features : No Opinion
Knobs, lights. tubes and an on off switch. Line cord.

Sound Quality : No Opinion
This is a piece of overrated equipment-PERIOD! I A / B d this head with a Radio Shack Mini Amp. (See my review for this amp under RADIO SHACK) Both amps driving 2 Marshall Quad cabs loaded with QUAM 12" speakers-(their finest speakers with the highly sought after whizzer cone.)
The Radio Shack Mini Amp produced a spine tingling, shimmery tone; rich and full with tons of overtones and harmonics. By contrast the Dumble was a pig. I soaked it with gasoline and lit it up. I was disappointed, to say the least!
Guitars are: Gibsom Super 400, 1952 Les Paul (SN 00001) prototype, Fendor Stapocrapster and Semens Rectal Dickulator model 99.
Couldn't get a decent sound out of it. I tried but in the end I couldn't get the dickulator up. So I watched it burn in my basement, until it was a pile of ash. Piece of total garbage.

Reliability : No Opinion
After burning in a sea of gasoline soaked flames, it wouldn't even turn on. I took a baseball bat to it while it was smoldering and that had no affect in trying to get it to work. Very fragile.

Customer Support : No Opinion
I called Howard Dumble. Caught him on his cell phone while he was pinching a loaf in his Las Vegas hotel room. He said he quit making the amp because he could not come close to the tone of the Danelectro Honeytone or the Radio Shack Mini. Then I heard a single gunshot through the phone line. The next day there was a story about Howard Dumble in the newspaper. He had fired his .44 Automag several times into the toilet bowl, attempting to neutralize a 16" tapered fecal excrement log, which had dangled precariously from his own selfish, non-technical anus just moments before the shooting, and which he claimed was the incarnate spirit of Elvis Presley. What does that say about support? Obviously he'd rather ruminate over the size, shape and spiritual condition of his own Fecal Matter than fix an amp!!
What goes on in Vegas stays there, including Howard's Elvis emulating turds and his service acumen. What a pity.

Overall Rating : No Opinion
I play the piccolo and drums in a three piece suitcoat of paint band aid. We do all sorts of music from yugoslavic folk ballads to super heavy bloody and gutsy death and gerbil to rectum METAL. Mostly in a religious setting. I bought the Dumble because I had read somewhere that it was. But it wasn't. I roasted a yak over the smoldering carcass of the Dumble and had a big Yak attack. I would buy it again.
hannah montanah guitar review
Quote by hannah montanah guitar review
I bought this guitar, but I modded mine with EMG pickups, and an EMG afterburner, and I'm seeing about getting a Kahler trem put on. anyway, it screams. I play alot of Weakling, Burzum, wolves in the throne room, etc. and this guitar can handle it all. I get some looks at shows, but once they hear it in action, they change their tune. Only problem is some sharp fret ends that cut up my hands when I play, but the blood getting all over it is very kvlt. I reccomend this guitar 100%.
I think I have the idea.

Ages ago I owned a Stienberger guitar not the stick a strat shaped version.

I was out jamming with some guys from other bands one day and after a great session I decided to go home. On the way I had to stop at the store to grab milk and bread. I went in the store and came out less than two minutes later to see the guitar missing. The doors were locked I couldn't figure out how they stole it. I called the police and filled out the report and kissed my guitar goodby. Several months later I get a call from the MDC Police that they have recovered my axe! I was happy as sh*t and jumped in the car and flew to the station to get my baby. I got to the station and gave them my ID and the copy of the report. They went in back and a cop came out with a trash bag holding his nose! I was WTF is up with that. He handed me the bag and shut the door. So I laid the guitar out on the floor I hadn't ntice the nasty smell until I took it out of the bag. What a stink! The guitar was nasty looking it had moss or something all over it and it was slimy. When I asked the cops where it was and how did they find it they told me during some cleaning thing the park dept was doing they came across it in 3' of water in of all places the Charles River in Cambridge. If your not familiar with the Charles the water was so polluted it's not funny. Imortalized in the The Standells song ( http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/feverpitch/dirtywater.htm )

Well, I figured it was a total loss but took it home and said to myself WTF so I put it in the yard and hit it with the hose and cleaning brush and some soap. To my surprize all the crud came off and the finish still looked new. So after I got 80% of the crap off it I decided to tear it down. I soaked the pups, electronics and all the hard ware in Isopropyl alcohol for several days changeing the alcohol every few hours or so. I cleaned out all the cavities and wire runs as best as I could. The hardware came out perfect no rust no crud but I let it soak in some WD 40 for about a day to make sure. The pups and electronics I wasn't convinced they were ever going to be usefull again but what was the harm in trying. With everything as clean as I could get it and the stink gone after about a month drying out I assembeled it all back and plugged it in and to my amazement it worked, The pots were still scratchy and had to be replaced but other than that you would have never known the guitar lived at the bottom of a river for months.

The guitar played like new later and I had it for several years before I sold it and to this day it's still out there being played with no problems.

John