Well, i spend most of my day in school on a computer since my education is IT related.

And i like playing computer games..

And of course i really like playing the guitar, but can sitting with a mouse damage my fingers and make my guitarplaying bad?

Probably not your fingers, but you might want to go easy on your troll-like wrists.
If you're using your fingers to click on the mouse, and doing it often, you could be up against a repetitive motion injury.

If your hand is cramping up and that pain is going into your forearm, you really need to lay off a bit. You know... from clicking too much on the mouse.

Consider getting one of those ergonomic ones that you can click the button on the side with your thumb.

CT
Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
You know... from clicking too much on the mouse.

That almost sounds like a euphemism for masturbation.

Consider getting one of those ergonomic ones that you can click the button on the side with your thumb.

If the above was a euphemism, than this statement is strange and disturbing...and arousing.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Last edited by Archeo Avis at Dec 13, 2008,
Quote by axemanchris

If your hand is cramping up and that pain is going into your forearm, you really need to lay off a bit.

Could I get some more talent in the monitors, please?

I know it sounds crazy, but try to learn to inhale your voice. www.thebelcantotechnique.com

Chris is the king of relating music things to other objects in real life.
Quote by Broch
Well, i spend most of my day in school on a computer since my education is IT related.

And i like playing computer games..

And of course i really like playing the guitar, but can sitting with a mouse damage my fingers and make my guitarplaying bad?

Broch,

sitting with your hand on a mouse most of the day shouldn't impare your playing all that much. so long as you are making sure to stop and stretch your hands every so often. also make sure that you get on the guitar often even if it's just for 15min, it really helps to loosen your hand. the main thing you have to focus on is keeping the blood flowing through your fingers and not letting your hand cramp up. just stretch them so that the muscles don't form a habit of sitting in that mouse holding position.
i understand your concern, i do a lot of work in IT and i have sought advice before regarding the same issue.
best of luck with the playing!
Quote by mental escapade
Broch,

sitting with your hand on a mouse most of the day shouldn't impare your playing all that much. so long as you are making sure to stop and stretch your hands every so often. also make sure that you get on the guitar often even if it's just for 15min, it really helps to loosen your hand. the main thing you have to focus on is keeping the blood flowing through your fingers and not letting your hand cramp up. just stretch them so that the muscles don't form a habit of sitting in that mouse holding position.
i understand your concern, i do a lot of work in IT and i have sought advice before regarding the same issue.
best of luck with the playing!

Thanks for the good answer (: