If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
wtf is up with his voice ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Wrong forum, buddy. Go to punk. You'll have a somewhat warm reception there.

Being said, I used to love the Germs. I don't listen to them anymore. Then again, I don't listen to a lot of punk anymore anyways (traditional punk, that is) so meh.

EDIT: this thread is / will be hilarious though, because of all the people who don't know who the Germs were.

EDIT2: Lexicon Devil was definitely their best song, though. Followed closely by No God. That early EP was their best sound. After that they went too hardcore for my tastes. I can still listen to early three songs and enjoy 'em a lot.
DOWN&OUT
Last edited by Jett Diamond at Dec 13, 2008,
Umm dude are you sure that was music?
Quote by Trefellin
Anyone with half a brain knows that Jesus is way more metal than Satan. Lucifer was the worlds very first emo.

Quote by glowinghamster4'

i just want to let you know that made my day.

Quote by Weaponized
Solid state master race
ehhh....

they aren't too bad, i've heard worse.
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
The hell was that? That was crap.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
...i love the germs.... and no one knows who they are =(
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Seriously, how the hell do the Germs sound like the Ramones, aside from them both being punk bands. His voice is nothing like Joey's, the guitar technique is different, the tone is different, the structures are different...

Then again, imagine that. A bunch of metal heads on UG slamming punk. Whatever. Hopefully this gets closed soon.
DOWN&OUT
i've gone through there stuff and i like ritchie daggers crime+ i thought it would be funny for the metalheads of this humble site, them daft metalheads with there line6 amps and there triple rectumfryers, if you checked my profile it already says i like the germs, soo before responding do your reasearch kids
I used to like The Germs, now I don't really listen to them but they're decent. Lexicon Devil is by far their best song like Jett said. Yeah, Darby can't sing and they're NOT a Ramones tribute band, I don't get where you guys are getting that from. They're late '70s early '80s punk from California.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Jett Diamond
Seriously, how the hell do the Germs sound like the Ramones, aside from them both being punk bands. His voice is nothing like Joey's, the guitar technique is different, the tone is different, the structures are different...

Then again, imagine that. A bunch of metal heads on UG slamming punk. Whatever. Hopefully this gets closed soon.

Lol, the guitar sounds exactly the same to me.

And how is saying they sound like the Ramones slamming punk?
sup?
Quote by punk4punk
i've gone through there stuff and i like ritchie daggers crime+ i thought it would be funny for the metalheads of this humble site, them daft metalheads with there line6 amps and there triple rectumfryers, if you checked my profile it already says i like the germs, soo before responding do your reasearch kids
All you did was ask for The Pits personal opinions on a song, why the f*ck would we research your music taste?
some people like the germs like myself and some don't. thats really the end of this.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by ldl67
Lol, the guitar sounds exactly the same to me.

You weren't slamming them. That comment wasn't. I'm just saying, comments like "was that even music" are ridiculous.

The guitar sounds nothing alike to me. Johnny Ramone used ALL down strokes, all the time. Lexicon Devil was NOT all down strokes, nor were their other songs. Yeah, they both use distortion, but whatever.
DOWN&OUT
Quote by Jett Diamond
You weren't slamming them. That comment wasn't. I'm just saying, comments like "was that even music" are ridiculous.

Yeah, I agree with you on that, I didn't mind it. My knowledge of punk music is rather limited though.
sup?
Quote by Toilets
All you did was ask for The Pits personal opinions on a song, why the f*ck would we research your music taste?

wo wo wo calm down man,i just wanted to revel in the close mindedness of poeple on the internet or in general, we dont need negtiveness around this site, theres enough of that already.
Quote by punk4punk
wo wo wo calm down man,i just wanted to revel in the close mindedness of poeple on the internet or in general, we dont need negtiveness around this site, theres enough of that already.

How/when did you reveal the closed mindedness of people on the internet?
sup?
Quote by ldl67

If I said all Metal sounds like Metallica someone on her would probably have a heart attack, the song really doesnt sound like the ramones all that much.

And I love the germs, and pat smear.
Quote by kaptink
If I said all Metal sounds like Metallica someone on her would probably have a heart attack, the song really doesnt sound like the ramones all that much.

Lol, I didn't say all punk sounds like the Ramones. I said this particular band does.
sup?
Quote by punk4punk

The Germs aren't the best band to show to people who already don't like punk, it definitely won't make them like punk more. I mean sure, some of these comments are ridiculous, but it is the Germs. Why make people more close-minded about a genre than showing them a band they may like and actually open their mind a little? I definitely think some of these comments are completely unneeded, but why turn people off to punk more like you knew you would?
FELLOW PUNK FORUM MEMBERS TO THE RESCUE OF OUR BOY JETT!

Quote by Jett Diamond

metal heads bashing punk? that's a first

Quote by funkbass369
...i love the germs.... and no one knows who they are =(

Uhh...are you serious?
Many people know who they are.

Quote by kaptink

Pat Smear was cool, but much better in the germs than he was in Nirvana.

REPRESENTIN' MY FELLOW J00ISH P0NX
to swap-meet: no one i know knows who the germs are. i wasn't referring to people on this site. just people i actually know.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
my area actually has a pretty good punk scene (richmond, virginia) somehow people seem to have never heard of the germs though.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by funkbass369
my area actually has a pretty good punk scene (richmond, virginia) somehow people seem to have never heard of the germs though.

I'd love to live in Richmond, some kickass bands there. I'm sure people within the punk scene have heard of the Germs they just don't really listen to them.
Quote by Swap-Meet
Does richmond not have any nirvana fanboys at all either?

what do you mean?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Quote by severed-metal
Yeah, they suck.

/thread
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
im sure there are some nirvana fanboys in richmond but very few.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M