Hi, just finished reading Guitar and Bass magazine and there's an articles that says the wireless frequencies that mics, guitars and other music related wireless stuff are under-threat cuz governments are planning on using these frequencies for expanding digital tv and radio signals, as well as mobile phone space. It goes on to say that anyone using wireless gear in these frequencies will experience major interference and some devices may become illegal!!! In the US, this could begin as early as Feb 2009 as some frequencies will be usable through the Internet !Anyone else heard about this? Just wondering how major such a thing will be!
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!

Well, if what you say is true, I don't know what we'll do!
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
I'll try scan the article or something for every1 at uni sometime. It'll be pretty profound. Some gigs will use over 10 wireless frequencies easily

edit: i used to have a wireless unit but i had to sell it. i got really paranoid about interference or the signal mesin up or something so i sold it (made profit on it too!!!)
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
Last edited by Andy2k64 at Dec 13, 2008,
They'll just make new equipment that uses other frequencies... it's no big deal, there are millions of possible frequencies.
Signature? What's a signature?

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
the house burnt down
pics coming soon!
<.<
>,>

Quote by metalscott76
No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best theory lesson EVER!
Quote by freedoms_stain
Not a fan of wireless I must say.

Me too.

It just never sounds exactly right.....
Quote by firebreath07
They'll just make new equipment that uses other frequencies... it's no big deal, there are millions of possible frequencies.

you gonna buy all that new equipment for everyone?
Quote by iceman95
ok
here's what you do
1. Take a fork, preferably metal.
2. Put some tomato sauce on it.
3. Let tomato sauce on fork dry.
4. Turn it in and call it: "The Spaghetti Massacre."

New guitar fund = beer/0
Quote by MaXiMuse
Yeah...
right...

How the hell can using gear for wich you paid be illegal, and for sell in every music store!

laws can be changed.

theres a movement towards digital wireless anyways.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
This has been known for awhile. The frequencies in question are the C band, from 3.4 ghz to 4.2 ghz. These frequencies have been sold off for mobile phone, broadband etc.
Wired is always better IMO. Internet, sound, whatever. It just gets the job done and has no problems.

In most cases atleast.
Quote by naedauuf
I'm in need of a guy
I rather wired anyway.
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
i know that in feb 2009 tv signals will be boradcast in digital but i dont know if that has anything to do with it. however, it is possible that a growing amount of communication devices may interfere with musical wireless equipment, anything is possible really. if you're talking about electromagnetic waves and wireless electronics there will always be a massive amount of risks such as interference to overcome. wireless equipment transmits signals into a very exposed evironment, so it's no surprise that any sort of interference is possible.
Quote by Shred Head
Functionality > looks

Analog sound +looks>digital sound+functionality
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by archerygenious
Why can't they just make new frequencies?

There is only so much of the electromagnetic spectrum that can be used for that. And most of this area is bein used so thts why there is the problem
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

ANDY!!!
Quote by Andy2k64
Some gigs will use over 10 wireless frequencies easily

10 isn't very many. Try a theatre show with closer to 25...

This has been threatened for a while now. Its one of those things that they keep saying is just around the corner, but it never happens.
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Not a problem, just re-modulate the subspace bands. They do it in Star Trek all the time.

DUUUH???
We're only strays.