Has anyone ever heard of tuning a guitar to E E B B B B?

One of the music teachers at school told me about it and I'd never heard of it before.

Does anyone know if it works?
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

Take a minute to tune your guitar that way and see if you like it.
Epi Les Paul Standard
Vox AD50VT
Haha.
Apparently its a really good sound.
I would tune my guitar to it but I'm not sure whether you tune the strings up or down or what.
I just wanted to know if anyone had done it.
Originally Posted by Demon Wolf
one dream of mine is to play baroque and roll.

i dont quite know what it is, but i assume it involves plenty of harpsichord solos and medieval chanting.

sounds interesting. i'm not going to try it though, too much work
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
I'm guessing when you strum the guitar when it's tuned to EEBBBB would give you the E power chord. I don't see anything else in it...
I have a sig!

Quote by caskettheclown
... ive seen a dog do that once, he was trying to lick his nuts and farted real loud on his face....it sounded like a human fart. now he looks like he has down syndrome for some reason.

done similar things with tuning all strings to a perfect fifth: like C G C G C E (or G for the last note, which sounds really great too), or D A D A D A, etc. Seems cool.
I like tuning to B F# B E G# B or sometimes drop the G# down to F#, or make it B F# B E G B which is one of Converge's main tunings down a half step.
i think so. he also tunes his one seven string EEEDGBE or something like that.
Quote by littlemurph7976
Isnt there a Paul Gilbert song in a tuning like that?

I know that Get Out of My Yard was played with 3 strings tuned to different octaves of E. That's why he uses a double neck to play it. The bottom neck only has three strings on it.
I had a 5 string bass that i tuned CCGCF....like standard tuning in D...then dropped tuning to the C.....raise the 5th string to a C. Let me play like a 4 string bass in dropped tuning, but allowed me to play the 5th string percussively and still be in tune. i was chicken pickin' though (using fingers and a pick)
Quote by littlemurph7976
Isnt there a Paul Gilbert song in a tuning like that?

Quote by RG_FANMAN
i think so. he also tunes his one seven string EEEDGBE or something like that.

Let The Computer Decide off of Alligator Farm(I think)

Quote by thetoastinator
I know that Get Out of My Yard was played with 3 strings tuned to different octaves of E. That's why he uses a double neck to play it. The bottom neck only has three strings on it.

And Three E's for Edward.
I think Soundgarden have a song tuned to this on Superunknown... I believe it's My Wave, though I may be mistaken...
Quote by jeremessmore
I once tuned my guitar to BAGDAD, that was fun but it's usually E D or DADGAD

BAGDAD isn't really that special though, I've seen it a few times.
Quote by stratdud39
Why dont you just try it?
I once tuned all of my strings on my acoustic guitar to D.
It sounded beautiful, no joke.

I know what you mean, I once tuned my little bro's acoustic to one note (might have been D too, I can't remember) just to annoy him, but then I used a slide with it and it sounded crazy.

So TS, don't be afraid to try something different cos uou may end up liking it.

As for Eebbbb, didn't the Goo Goo dolls use that tuning at one point?
I don't know about that particular tuning, but I know that Glen Branca has used tunings like all E and the like on his recordings.
soundgarden uses this tuning on their songs my wave and the day i tried to live. awesome tuning.