So I tried to block my SAT pro II bridge(it's a floating bridge) by lower the action completly and raising the saddles but even when I raise them to their max capacity, the action is still too low...

Anyone have any idea how I could block this tremolo?

Some pics

Thanks in advance

edit: fixed pictures
Last edited by kevC4 at Dec 13, 2008,
As far as I know thats not a floating bridge so I dont think there would be a way to block it. I'm not an expert though.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Quote by Slanderous666
As far as I know thats not a floating bridge so I dont think there would be a way to block it. I'm not an expert though.

It is a floating bridge.I just lowered the whole bridge to the max
Ok sorry for bumping this thread but I did something else now for blocking it and want to know if it's alright or I'm doing something I shouldn't. So what I did is this:

I putted a wood piece in there and added a spring so the tremolo is now locked. Is it alright or I shouldn't do this?
Typically, you would stick a wood piece on either side of the trem block so it goes neither up nor down. Make sure that your bridge is parallel to the body when it's blocked.

Also, don't lower it completely - your neck relief was set up to work with the bridge slightly raised for floating operation, and if you change the height significantly, you'll need a truss rod adjustment.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
I've been looking for this thread for ages!! Guys I want to ask, is it ok to lower the bridge completely so that it's stuck to the body in a non-floating position?
Quote by Amer91
I've been looking for this thread for ages!! Guys I want to ask, is it ok to lower the bridge completely so that it's stuck to the body in a non-floating position?
Read the post above yours. It answered the question before you asked it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Read the post above yours. It answered the question before you asked it.

Oh right. So just to make sure I understood it, it's ok to lower the bridge to become stuck to the body but that would require a truss rod adjustment, right? Because I'm considering buying an Ibanez SA120 but I don't want to deal with tuning instability, and bridge maintenance like I had to do on my Ibanez RG370dx. By the way, is the SA120 good enough for shred?