Hi all

Im looking for a new amp having had to sell a dual rec recently. In an ideal world im looking for a great clean and a great distortion(i suppose we all are!) I know nothing sounds like a boogie but again ........
This may involve an amp and a pedal in front of it (though im not a big fan of distortion pedals much prefer an amps on distortion)

I play les pauls which are downtuned 1 and 1/2 steps and i play a bunch of pedals

1.My budget for it is £400 max but obviously would prefer to spend less
2 I want a combo
3.30w-40w max
4.Valve
any ideas?

thanks
Last edited by d.am at Dec 13, 2008,
Oh god.... you are in the UK and you sold a Dual Rec...... oh man... thats a LOT of cash to buy it back.....

I understand you are looking for a good distortion and a good clean, but what kind of music. You say you downtune your guitars, but for what style of music.....as downtuning =/= metal......

If you can let me know what style you play... I think I can help you find the right amp....
hi man

Sold that and a fender custom shop 4x12 vintage 30's it killed me to part with them but the mortgage needed to be paid !

So unfortunately my budget is no where near that.

play kinda stoner rock/post rock(isis style)/jazz/blues

a mix of clean and heavy passages..

sorry i cant be a lot clearer but its a real mish mash
Quote by d.am
hi man

Sold that and a fender custom shop 4x12 vintage 30's it killed me to part with them but the mortgage needed to be paid !

So unfortunately my budget is no where near that.

play kinda stoner rock/post rock(isis style)/jazz/blues

a mix of clean and heavy passages..

sorry i cant be a lot clearer but its a real mish mash

Dude.... I totally feel for you man.,... i hope you got good cash for those....

I hear ya about the mish mash. At that price, I think you might be able to find a used marshall combo... or perhaps a Peavey JSX combo? Not sure what the prices are in the UK on Peavey stuff.....
a used vox ac 30 + od
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Used Laney VC50. I'd have said the VC30 but you said you'd rather use the amps own distortion.
yeah man
i got good money for them and it went straight to the bank !

its tough to find some thing thats versatile.
ive heard about the laneys the vc and lc's are meant to be good