I'm a guitarist in a band... and im lookin @ a new chorus pedal. Well a few days ago my CE-1 was stolen after a gig along with my Moog 6/12 Stage Phaser...

I was wondering does the CE-5 stand up to the name of being a chorus ensemble???
OR does it have its own little sound?
like crap compared to the original
Dude
That sucks, the CE-1 is such an amazing pedal
maybe you could get a used CE-2 for 120 or something, they sound alot simaliar to the CE-1s than the rest of boss's chorus pedals.
yeah... but heres the thing on tour like next week and its crazy cuz we have a few songs that are soaked in chorus (to liquify the sound) and we plan on doin a chili peppers cover here and there...

So i need an effect NOW!!!
try an electro harmonix chorus, maybe a clone theory - i think the clone theory would be good for washy chorus sounds similar to the CE-1.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I need multiple knobs tho....
and one knob like a phase 90 isnt going to cut it...
I NEED AT LEAST 3 KNOBS!!!

sry im a control freak... is there a way to emulate the sound on a CE-5 of a CE-1?
The Fulltone Choral Flange is a really great chorus pedal, plenty of controls on it.
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Um... Why are you hating on my bro...
thats good idea, he'd probably let me use it or find me one...
Yep i know John and its Chad Smith (even tho they do look alike)
Quote by stewyjr91
Um... Why are you hating on my bro...
thats good idea, he'd probably let me use it or find me one...
Yep i know John and its Chad Smith (even tho they do look alike)

....? What?
Quote by forsaknazrael
You should probably mug John Frusciante or Ritchie Blackmore. They're small guys, we could take 'em.

Just look out for that other guy in the Red Hot Chili Peppers, Will Farrel. He's a tall mofo, got a long reach.

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

What are you talking about? You just came out of no where and started talking about the members of the peppers
What the hell are you saying? did you post in the wrong place?
I'm so confused.

Anyway, Fulltone Choral Flange. Good stuff.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

No... like this guy said i could mug john... but i know him...
thats kinda why i had a ce-1 in the first place. and i can honestly say i've jammed with the man... theres a downloadable jam session on limewire i was a backup musician for that...
but goin back to the ce-5, ive heard its decent and not too bad plus like i need space on both boards and its an eq on so thats cool i think thats something the ce-1 didnt have. so you could possibly dial in the right chime with this thing..
I didn't say you could mug Froosh. That's my signature. It came out of a conversation where we were talking about Marshall Majors.
Quote by forsaknazrael

Quote by Invader Jim
I give up.

Oh... ive got two of them... Well anyways im sayin screw this and im just gonna go call my manager and yell for a replacement now!
Quote by stewyjr91
I need multiple knobs tho....
and one knob like a phase 90 isnt going to cut it...
I NEED AT LEAST 3 KNOBS!!!

sry im a control freak... is there a way to emulate the sound on a CE-5 of a CE-1?

that's why i said clone theory and not small clone.

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
The ce-1 is pretty much the best fluid chorus there is. Also, it's an analog and not the digi piece of junk that the ce5 is.

and you've reminded me once again of another reason why I don't use pedals, if you ever get the chance of hunting the prick down sue him till he's bankrupt.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Don't get a CE-5 or Clone Theory, if you've been using a CE-1 it won't stack up.

I would recommend that if you want a Chorus similar to the CE-1 to check out the Retro Sonic Chorus. It was modeled after the CE-1 and I personally prefer it more.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
I used to own the CE-5. i LOVED that pedal. until it inexplicably stopped working one day.
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Last edited by LaidBack at Dec 13, 2008,
voodoo lab analog chorus i believe uses the same circuit as the original ce-1
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus:

http://drscientist.ca/pedals/cosmo

Now tell me you need more knobs...

Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
Last edited by sloppyjoe109 at Dec 13, 2008,
well we've decided to get an original ce-1... but wait theres more! theres not just one! but 2! ce-1's coming into my posessions and a moog phaser to replace all my troubles.
Am i the only one here who smells troll? December 08'er, claims to be going on tour next week, has management, and has jammed with Froosh. And can barely use basic English.
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

^I didn't want to say it but...

Who in the world would play a cover song while on tour, playing original music obviously?
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
So yes, I smell a troll.

Who also totally ignored my beautiful Dr. Scientist suggestion.
Quote by NeverMeant
Troll? who said I even played guitar in the jam? or even a stringed instrument? I actually played the trumpet... Omar Rodriguez-Lopez was there too! Nice guys. But I started my account to get some advice on the Chorus Ensemble! AND I AM CALLED A LIAR LIKE 500 TIMES!!!
And the reason my english is bad is because im not english/american!
Quote by stewyjr91
I'm a guitarist in a band... and im lookin @ a new chorus pedal.

Ohhh.....ok.
Quote by NeverMeant