Years ago, the band I was playing in, ordered cables (instrument, mics, etc...) that has our name printed on them. Does anyone know if they still do this kind of thing? And if so, how is the quality? As I recall, they were not bad cables back then.

Thanks for any input!

Ziggy
Bassist
Undun
www.undunband.com
www.myspace.com/undunband
Did the google thing but nothing really came up that applied. I know where to order printed guitar picks and that comes up but nothing about cables.
yeah, he only mentioned an old band once-didnt even mention the name

*reported*
Quote by pak1351
we don't want your thinly veiled attempts to promote your band

*reported*

Dude, give it a break, he's not trying to promot his band, how do you promote a band if you don't give the band name.........or genre.............?
Quote by Luigiman124
Dude, give it a break, he's not trying to promot his band, how do you promote a band if you don't give the band name.........or genre.............?

Quote by ziggyinbr
Years ago, the band I was playing in, ordered cables (instrument, mics, etc...) that has our name printed on them. Does anyone know if they still do this kind of thing? And if so, how is the quality? As I recall, they were not bad cables back then.

Thanks for any input!

Ziggy
Bassist
Undun
www.undunband.com
www.myspace.com/undunband

dude, do you not see the band name 3 times in this post, along with two links to their page? Not to mention it's his first post, just registered today, and doesn't give a company name when he refers to 'they', being the company he ordered from before? At the very least nobody is going to be able to answer the question about whether 'they' still make custom cables.
What's the point of cables with your name on it anyway, nobody is ever gonna see it unless you point it out.
Quote by King Krapp
Once, I had just finished, and my dad knocks, walks in, and says "Wow, smells like chicken in here."
"They" are not named because it was 25 years ago and I don't remember who "They"are. If I did, I would be able to contact "Them" directly and find out if "They" still did this service. My use of the word "they" was generic and meant the industry in general... not a specific company.

As for the point of having cables with your name on it, when you play shows with multiple bands, cables sometimes have a habit of walking away. This helps reduce that occurrence. Plus I think it's pretty cool.

As for promoting my band, all I was doing was creating a signature.
^ you can make a signature in the user CP so you dont have to type it every time. the user CP is in the upper left corner of the page, then edit signatue is the first option on the bar on the left.

with my quick search i cant find anything where the name is on the actual cable, but these lets you put your name on heat shrink on the connectors. i would think they still do the thing where they print your name on the cable, but im not really sure where to look.
To go back on topic,

why don't you just put your name on the wires etc with putting tape on the rubber, and writing on it.
Quote by willwelsh816
To go back on topic,

why don't you just put your name on the wires etc with putting tape on the rubber, and writing on it.

the duct tape could be removed and thus the cable can easily be stolen were as w/ the name actually on it its there for good........i would assume
best YouTube video ever

Quote by Crazymike100
Honesty is the best policy!

...Unless your trying to get a job. In which case, lie like you just got pulled over with a dead body and some shovels in the back seat.

Gear in Profile

Like NCIS
There's a small music shop near me that has always had their shop/phone # printed on their cables. If im near there ill stop by and ask them who does it for them.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by jof1029

with my quick search i cant find anything where the name is on the actual cable, but these lets you put your name on heat shrink on the connectors. i would think they still do the thing where they print your name on the cable, but im not really sure where to look.

This is what I was looking for! Thanks!!!!! You guys are the greatest!
use card board and cut holes in it so that the hole spells your bands name. then spray paint the cable using your cardboard stencils.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by Barkeeper
What's the point of cables with your name on it anyway, nobody is ever gonna see it unless you point it out.

Keep track of your band's gear.
Quote by Ziggyinbr
"They" are not named because it was 25 years ago and I don't remember who "They"are. If I did, I would be able to contact "Them" directly and find out if "They" still did this service. My use of the word "they" was generic and meant the industry in general... not a specific company.

As for the point of having cables with your name on it, when you play shows with multiple bands, cables sometimes have a habit of walking away. This helps reduce that occurrence. Plus I think it's pretty cool.

As for promoting my band, all I was doing was creating a signature.

I like you already, good comeback.
Sweet.
Quote by Ziggyinbr
This is what I was looking for! Thanks!!!!! You guys are the greatest!

glad to help, and welcome to UG

if youve got 25 years of experience, then we are glad to have your wisdom and such around