She is a beauty and the most brutal b!tch to grace the earth....

Short review on the amp: Most brutal amp I have played and she comes with a side of Jazz Chorus cleans a ton of warmth and sustain to boot.

Also picked up a MXR M86 Classic Distortion...

happy new amp and pedal day!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
So, where is that supposed to fit in your closet?

Congrats
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
I got 10 to 1 odds on goolz coming in here and drooling

Congrats, judging from matrix claws clips those are amazing sounding amps. (I hope you guys have the same thing otherwise I'll feel like a newb)
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale

Congrats, judging from matrix claws clips those are amazing sounding amps. (I hope you guys have the same thing otherwise I'll feel like a newb)

If nothing else, I believe they're the same series.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

how is the mxr classic distortion?
'79 Fender Deluxe Reverb
Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Stratocaster
Ibanez TS9, Keeley TS9 Baked Mod
Zendrive

LOOOOOK INTOOOOOO THEEEE PICCCTUREEEEEEEEE

Member of UG's Gain Whores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Lol actually finally had to take everything out a few weeks ago it was a sad day....

That inspired me to put my rig in my closet. I also had to take it out, I need to put my less important stuff in there, like, ya know, clothes.
Gibson SG Standard
Cort Explorer
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Where is the wah?

How do those sound though? I never got a chance to try one out.
i had a feeling you were about to make a big purchase. the ampeg is solid state right? i dont remember. and also, what do you use your classic distortion for? congrats though.
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Kevin Saale

He's been talking about Ampegs ever since he joined UG.
Quote by Kevin Saale

Yup same amp, except his is the head version.

Quote by travd92
how is the mxr classic distortion?

Its a great pedal, super smooth distortion and its a really good clean boost and OD.

Quote by classicrocker01
That inspired me to put my rig in my closet. I also had to take it out, I need to put my less important stuff in there, like, ya know, clothes.

Thats the beauty of having a three bedroom house with a room dedicated to nothing but guitar gear. There isnt any cloths to put in there lol

Quote by WACOM
Where is the wah?

How do those sound though? I never got a chance to try one out.

I have one but never use it, so I don't even have it hooked up. Im not much of a lead guy and for metal rhythm work there's really no need.

The amp or the pedal?

Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
i had a feeling you were about to make a big purchase. the ampeg is solid state right? i dont remember. and also, what do you use your classic distortion for? congrats though.

Yup she is SS, as for the classic. I use it as clean boost or sometimes mix it in with the tubescreamer for a nice OD tone.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Dec 13, 2008,
Awesome find man! I didn't even know they made those in a combo! I've always seen the head, but never a combo! Sick, sick, amp man. Brutal distortion.
Congrats IP! Do you have a carpenter buddy that can expand your closet?
Quote by Highwaytohell
OH **** I JUST REALIZED
There is one of those at my guitar teacher's shop, I should buy it.

I would! They are getting harder and harder to come by. Do you know how much $$$ he wants for it?
nice grab. i wish i had teh monies...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Awesome find man! I didn't even know they made those in a combo! I've always seen the head, but never a combo! Sick, sick, amp man. Brutal distortion.
Congrats IP! Do you have a carpenter buddy that can expand your closet?

I was surprised when I stumbled on it as well. Its a good bonus because it makes it even rarer.

Lol, I need to but I can hear the wife now

And thanks man
those ampegs are meant to be great for t3h br00talz. Never tried one, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by IbanezPsycho
I was surprised when I stumbled on it as well. Its a good bonus because it makes it even rarer.

Lol, I need to but I can hear the wife now

And thanks man

Ah, married eh? I'm girlfriended and she's pretty cool about amp/guitar/pedal related purchases. She actually just started playing guitar (I bought her a Schecter Omen) because she sees how stress relieving and fun it is for me and gets jealous. lol. Now she is obsessed with having her own Peavey Triple X. She wants a XXX amp of all amps, how's that for funny man? She's using my Vypyr for now but insists she wants her OWN amp and I can't touch it, haha. I keep telling her the JSX is better and she can use it all she wants, but noooooooo, she wants her OWN Triple X and she is saving for it. Good for her.
Can you get your wife to want to play guitar? It's an awesome solution and you'll have a live-in jam buddy!
Anyway, congrats again on your Ampeg find. I love that amp. One of, it not the best ss metal amp ever made. Enjoy!
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Ah, married eh? I'm girlfriended and she's pretty cool about amp/guitar/pedal related purchases. She actually just started playing guitar (I bought her a Schecter Omen) because she sees how stress relieving and fun it is for me and gets jealous. lol. Now she is obsessed with having her own Peavey Triple X. She wants a XXX amp of all amps, how's that for funny man? She's using my Vypyr for now but insists she wants her OWN amp and I can't touch it, haha. I keep telling her the JSX is better and she can use it all she wants, but noooooooo, she wants her OWN Triple X and she is saving for it. Good for her.
Can you get your wife to want to play guitar? It's an awesome solution and you'll have a live-in jam buddy!
Anyway, congrats again on your Ampeg find. I love that amp. One of, it not the best ss metal amp ever made. Enjoy!

Yup, that I am.. She is cooler then most, cant really complain I do have three amps and a halfstack at the moment lol. But trying to get more stuff at this point is pain. She just doesn't understand why I have to have more lol. And thats cool she wants a triple man, I always take my wife with me to demo stuff and she is always hmmm I prefer you get the 5150III over the 5150 gotta love a woman with expensive tastes and a good ear

Wish I had a live in jam buddy, wish I had a jam buddy within 30 miles

And thanks man

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
IP-

That's killer dude. Can you throw up some clipzorz? I'm kinda curious on this amp too.

Awesome. How much? So more br00tlz then the Ultra?

PS: Change your sig

again

I'll get some clips up today, have to re-adjust the mic's yet again lol

Yall are gonna **** at the price... $150 with $50 shipping she was $200 total.

This amp has literally kicked ever amps ass I have demo'ed when it comes to super tight br00tlz. Uberschall cant even touch it. Breakdowns and machine gunning on this thing is amazing. And the cleans are spot on metallica jazz chorus. My mouth is still hung open in disbelief.
Quote by TheEsupremacy
I would! They are getting harder and harder to come by. Do you know how much $$$ he wants for it?

oh wait... it's an SS-140c, and he want's 119 for it... Might try it at higher volumes next times, the cleans were great but i didn't have time to twiddle with the settings on the gain channel.

what's wrong with having a XXX! they IMHO sound heavier than the JSX, just personal opinon