Is there any real difference between different volume pedals? Will they affect my low end? (if this is a dumb question, sorry?)

Most importantly, anyone own one they recommend?
This interests me a lot as well. I'm looking for something to give me the ability to swell volume on long notes and that kind of thing. The one that seems to jump out at me is the Ernie Ball one. It appears to have the most recommendations, but I'm like you, I don't know a whole lot about them either.
Build quality and the type of pot used should be the only differences....any of them should work fine.
Nope, no sig here.
Quote by Mutant Corn
Build quality and the type of pot used should be the only differences....any of them should work fine.

What are good pedal companies? I hear Boss pedals are good, and I love other, non-pedal EB products, but that's the extent of my knowledge.
Generally anything that's not behringer or some other cheap brand like Fender Starcaster will be just fine. Even then, there are some good product that some out of them.

If you can try something out, do it....if it sounds good and feels solid, it's probably good.
Nope, no sig here.