I'm trying to beef up my tone especially for solos, so what pedal is it I use? I know that Joe Bonamassa uses a DD-3 (Boss) all the time and that for the end of the Dani California solo (dead fast bit) Frusciante used a delay simulate him doubling himself.
So, what pedal do I get to really make everything all sound so much bigger, fatter, thicker and generally much better than it actually is, especially for the solos just to really come through. As you can see I'm leaning towards dedlay but I guess chorus would do the same sory of thing but on clean it makes it ethereal which isnt what I'm going for.

Thanks, again sorry for the wall of text
Last edited by Cachao at Dec 13, 2008,
Joe Bonamassa didn't record Dani California. >.<

Delay and reverb would fill in some gaps in your playing soundwise, but chorus will make you sound a bit thicker.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Maybe an OD pedal, not to distort it, but to beef up the signal give it a good boost,
Yeah, or something like a fat boost.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild
(Sorry about the Bonamassa/Dani california bit [very embarraresed] i forgot to write that John used a delay and made himself "sound like a genius" doubling himself like that)

Responding to the "Freak:
Could I use delay as a sort of chorus-type-thing if I set it really short timing?

In response to the kid:
I currently use a boss ds1, an sd1 and a dunlop crybaby and I already do that withh adding the sd1 to the ds1 to boost it, but I get loads of feedback if i'm not playing for half a second, even muted.

edit: I like that Fat Boost but i'm guessing since it's fulltone then it's expensive.
But it still doesnt add that much strength to the signal, or not the same type as I'd like.
Last edited by Cachao at Dec 13, 2008,
Using a DS-1 and SD-1 together is just asking for feedback.
Heck, I have a DS-1, and I just use it for creating feedback.
They do it well.
As far as beefing things up, a chorus is your best bet, or a delay set up correctly, maybe even a good reverb.
A boost might also do the trick.
Go test out a bunch of stuff like that and see what you think works best.

EDIT:if the Fat Boost is out of range, you might want to try a BBE Boosta Grande. It's not a bed pedal by any means.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
(The SD-1 isnt actually mine-i borrow it from a friend who never uses it)
Thats what I thought-the chorus really would work, but on clean I dont really want that swirly ethereal sound, just a bit more muscle.
I'm going to the guitar shop next week, but before that I want a bit more knowledge about what they're going to try to sell me.
(thanks for all the advice )
Well, as far as the swirly sound of a chorus, with most pedals you can lighten that up to a much different sound, although there are some that will be very swirly no matter what you do.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Do you mean lighten that up on the actual pedal? Or other pedals?
By lighten up I mean you can mess with the controls and give a lighter chorus effect that will still beef you up a bit.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by nightraven
zvex super hard-on?
how about a deluxe memory man delay on chorus setting for some slapback with subtle chorus in the wet signal?

I do that, works extremely well.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

Member of the EHX Guild