ok a i bought a Gallien-Krueger 400RB 200 watt head at 4 ohms.

im considering buying a Hartke Transporter 4 by 10 with 300 watts at 8 ohms.

would this work/sound good or whatever.

im not good with the watts or whatever stuff
My Gear
Standerd Fender Telecaster
Carvin Vintage 33
Alavarez RD8C
Yep, should do. 4 Ohms on the head means it can go down to 4 ohms, so one 4 ohm cab, or two 8 ohm cabs. Though one 8 ohm is fine too but they usually send less power to them.

As for power ratings, 200W head into a 300W cab is fine, means your cab should be pretty safe. You could run say a 300W cab with a 400W(or whatever) head, but you'd just have to be careful with your levels.

Good choice of amp by the way
alright so hook it all up?

and it will be loud enough to gig?
My Gear
Standerd Fender Telecaster
Carvin Vintage 33
Alavarez RD8C
It depends how loud you want it. In my opinion, no. 300-400 watts is about the minimum I'd ever comfortably gig with, but I have gigged with 100 before and it was all right, not perfect and I definitely pushed it too hard, but it didn't blow up, so I guess that's a plus, or something.
Quote by TylerBaskey
alright so hook it all up?

and it will be loud enough to gig?

Yep, should be fine. I use a 180W ashdown head +2= 2 cabs for gigs, it would probably be fine with just my 210 cab truth be told. If you want some extra oomph though, get another 410 or a 115 and add a bit more low end.
Quote by jazz_rock_feel
It depends how loud you want it. In my opinion, no. 300-400 watts is about the minimum I'd ever comfortably gig with, but I have gigged with 100 before and it was all right, not perfect and I definitely pushed it too hard, but it didn't blow up, so I guess that's a plus, or something.

How big are your gigs?

It should be fine as long as it's not a huge room and it goes through the PA and there are monitors. A lot of players don't even use an amp, just DI it straight into the desk.
Pretty small, relatively. My last was in the school theatre, so about 250 seats, but amazing acoustics and very well built so that carried the sound a lot further than it would in a bar or something along those lines.
seriously though... you shouldn't need that much power. I only run my 180W stack at about half even when it's not going through the PA...
How much power would one need in a gig with 2 guitar (like 100 watt solid state each) and a rather loud cymbal/double bass drummer?

In maybe a room with 100 people?
As i said, if you have a decent PA with bass bins and monitors, you don't even need an amp if you have a DI box. If you don't have a DI box, anything with at least a 10" speaker than you can mic up/DI should be fine. If you can't get it into the PA, i'd say a 200W rig should do you with AT LEAST two 10" speakers or one 15" speaker.