Page 1 of 2
so my 98 subaru impreza 2.5 rs died last night (conveniently at my bros carlot)
i think i blew the head gasket, though it wont stay running unless the pedals at the floor and even then it sputters like a lawn mower till i let it die.

im pretty pissed considering its AWD and i just got new tires right before the weekend that were supposed to get snow.

go figure this happens

at least it died in my brothers carlot the week AFTER college finals.
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Guys! Why there is so much Subaru? Because it is cheap car like golf. Try Evo6. Find revolution.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
You need to refill the solonoid!
Abbreviated version:
Quote by Lots of People

Quote by :.FireStorm.:
+1 Maus24

:.FireStorm.: - #15 poster in the thread, #1 in my heart.

o _o
/###############
|###############
\###############

Member #6 of the "Shoop da Whoop" club
pm C.C. Deville to join
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
Guys! Why there is so much Subaru? Because it is cheap car like golf. Try Evo6. Find revolution.

im pretty sure i need some additional pylons
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Man, the newer the car, the ****tier it is. The head gasket on my Subaru Legend went and I trashed it at the end of the summer... it was a '92 though, and had like 200,000 miles.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
Quote by roarinflames
im pretty sure i need some additional pylons

You only play Toss? Imma playing terran. Watch your minerals. There are vultures all over there.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
You only play Toss? Imma playing terran. Watch your minerals. There are vultures all over there.

Am I..... Missing something?.....
you would know if its a blow head gasket oil and antifreeze would be all over the ground, sounds like a fuel pump to me or junk in the gas did you put gas in it recently?
Last edited by therealtater at Dec 13, 2008,
Quote by madbomber233

Yeah you're missing the fact that I got nuke in your exp top right corner. Sorry. GG.
Quote by madbomber233

TOO MANY UNDERLINGS, BUILD MORE OVERLORDS.

heh.
Subarus use flat-4 boxer engines right? That sucks cause otherwise I'd tell you to get some tools and fix it yourself if it was something where the head was near the top. It's not that hard. That's not catastrophic though, you can get it fixed.

Are you sure it's the head gasket though? I've seen cars with blown head gaskets that still ran, just not quite as well.
Quote by madbomber233

No! It cannot be! Why? Why Lt. Kerrigan?
Quote by RoamingConflict
This one dream involved me, one random girl, midgets and a pie.

...and midgets ended up f*cking her. I got the pie.

Quote by BloodMoon666
No! It cannot be! Why? Why Lt. Kerrigan?

Alrighty then...... I have to go home.... for dinner....

*runs away from the crazies*
Quote by madbomber233
Alrighty then...... I have to go home.... for dinner....

*runs away from the crazies*

All your bases are belong to use.
I'm sorry .

But at least now you can get an Ultima GTR .
Quote by RiotSquad
mom take me to the doctor i cant stop cumming in wrestling
Quote by Cameronrobson
bobby, I've got poutine in my urethra

CLICK HERE FOR FREE SEX!
Yeah, my friend's STi has gone through like 3 headgaskets.....well, he is running an ungodly amount of boost......it goes ****ing fast when it actually runs tho....
Gear:
Modded Steinberger Spirit (white) (SD-AH/EMG Select)
Modded Steinberger GP-2R (white) (EMG81/60)
Peavey XXL head
Hughes and Kettner Cream Machine
Hughes and Kettner Blues Master
Quote by CephalidHunter
Yeah, my friend's STi has gone through like 3 headgaskets.....well, he is running an ungodly amount of boost......it goes ****ing fast when it actually runs tho....

STI?
Doesn't sound like an HG. Those 2.5L engines will still run on a blown HG but they'll overheat. Sounds like a different problem to me.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by CephalidHunter

Your friend should stop buying crappy head gaskets and actually pay for some MLS gaskets or gas filled O-rings that will hold. They're not nearly as expensive as that STi was... or the warranty he voided.
Last edited by Blaster Bob at Dec 13, 2008,
Quote by therealtater
you would know if its a blow head gasket oil and antifreeze would be all over the ground, sounds like a fuel pump to me or junk in the gas did you put gas in it recently?

sorry i was gone all day

the fuel pump did come to mind as well as the injectors
i did fill up gas that morning, but so did my coworker and a friend from the same place

another possible problem could have been the torque converter
but i dont know if that would stop it from running
Glimsom wrote:
I believe you need the additional pylons in my additional pants pocket.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
I went to Tesco's earlier and I put my shopping in the car, went back to pay and get the ticket to get out, got back and some crackhead had broken in and stolen all my food shopping.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
^^wat??

thats amazing man
Glimsom wrote:
I know, I couldn't f*cking believe it. Parked in the multi-storey and they were like "Oh yeah we have CCTV on all the levels except the one you were parked on."

I told the pigs that they should look at the cars that left cause I was only gone 10 minutes tops and the stupid b1tch was like "What made you think they were in a car?"

And I was like how the fuck do you think they made off with 10 bags of shopping on foot!?"

I also told them they stole my fictitious satnav, so hopefully the insurance will cover it.

But they stole some butter, some spices, and all sorts of useless ****, it wasn't like it was £100 worth of f*cking cake.
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
O O O O O O O O O O
RED MILITIA FACTION
So you could say the cake is a lie?
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
Quote by HavokStrife
Man, the newer the car, the ****tier it is. The head gasket on my Subaru Legend went and I trashed it at the end of the summer... it was a '92 though, and had like 200,000 miles.

Yeah, I'm sure the fact that it isn't a classic is why it died. Definitely isn't because of the 200,000 miles.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
granted i had 200,000+ miles
it was running fine prior to me parking
i give it regular oil changes every 3000 miles (also change the oil filter each time)
i hope its not worse than a blown headgasket
Glimsom wrote:
Quote by roarinflames
so my 98 subaru impreza 2.5 rs died last night (conveniently at my bros carlot)
i think i blew the head gasket, though it wont stay running unless the pedals at the floor and even then it sputters like a lawn mower till i let it die.

im pretty pissed considering its AWD and i just got new tires right before the weekend that were supposed to get snow.

go figure this happens

at least it died in my brothers carlot the week AFTER college finals.

Giggety.
I love our 08 subara tribeca. Not problems with it yet, and we drove it all the way from Indiana to yellowstone and back. Idk how many miles, but we put a quite a bit on.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
2008 is 10 years newer than my car bud

of course you arent having problems yet

how many miles do you have on it now
like 15,000
Glimsom wrote:
usually but not always when you blow a heaD gasket your car will emit white exhaust gases out of your tail pipe! Now if you have no large white cloud following your car then you might want to check the catalyc converter! If they are bad they crumble on the inside and block the folw of exhaust from coming out! two ways to test this with out a mechanic
1 Any shiny bits of metal at the end of your tail pipe and if there isnt start the car and put your hand in front of the exhaust and see if anything hits your hand! Now after the car has been running look under car and see if the catylic converter is glowing red! if it is theres your answer! hope this helps!!
Electric Guitars Samick Torino,Jay Turser warlord, Jay turser jt-xg2( thats a double neck) New york pro Strat copy Acoustics Ibanez pf , new york pro and 3 nylons from the 70's
Quote by roarinflames
granted i had 200,000+ miles
it was running fine prior to me parking
i give it regular oil changes every 3000 miles (also change the oil filter each time)
i hope its not worse than a blown headgasket

You might want to switch to full synthetic oil. (and I mean real full synthetic oil, not the stuff that pretends to be) I use amsoil. Oil/filter changes once a year or at 25,000 miles (whichever comes first) and less wear on the engine than with traditional oil. It lasts so long that you save money in the long run, but it's actually quite expensive, so it's not for you if your car burns any oil and has to be topped off.
Quote by roarinflames
sorry i was gone all day

the fuel pump did come to mind as well as the injectors
i did fill up gas that morning, but so did my coworker and a friend from the same place

another possible problem could have been the torque converter
but i dont know if that would stop it from running

Check the fuel pump then thats problem what it is it will be cheaper then head gaskets anyway unless you do the work yourself...but it still wont fix the problem if its the fuel pump haha
Page 1 of 2