So I was looking for my new build to go a bit unconventional with my pup selection.

I was thinking JB and Jazz, but that's common place. Anyone have any suggestions for a well rounded tonal spectrum?

-The guitar would be a jack-of-all-trades guitar minus maybe classical and super clean
-The guitar would be a neck-thru with maple and (insert wood here) neck. I am thinking ebony or rosewood or some dark wood that looks good with a white and black paint scheme.
-I would prefer a darker, warmer tone with good tight bass and a bit of scooped mids
-Budget is about $150. I can break it a bit of it is worth it though
I vote SD p-rails. You get single-coil, p90, and HB sounds.
Schecter Gryphon; Ibanez AEG20E
Peavey Rage 158 ; TRAYNOR YCS50
EHX Big Muff Pi; Dunlop CryBaby GCB-95 (modded); MXR M-108 10-band; DigiTech JamMan Looper
Quote by ESP_Shreder
So I was looking for my new build to go a bit unconventional with my pup selection.

I was thinking JB and Jazz, but that's common place. Anyone have any suggestions for a well rounded tonal spectrum?

-The guitar would be a jack-of-all-trades guitar minus maybe classical and super clean
-The guitar would be a neck-thru with maple and (insert wood here) neck. I am thinking ebony or rosewood or some dark wood that looks good with a white and black paint scheme.
-I would prefer a darker, warmer tone with good tight bass and a bit of scooped mids
-Budget is about $150. I can break it a bit of it is worth it though

What body wood?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Maybe alder or ash. Something lighter. The tone will mainly come from the neck though since it is a neck thru.