I have a crate v50 and its good for gigs and stuff, but when practicing in my room i can't really get past 2 (plus i have to lower the volume when i raise the gain) without my parents telling me to turn it down. anyone know to make it softer so i can raise the volume but not get yelled at. because the eq doesn't make a noticeable difference when u have it that low. all u can hear is bass at approxmitly .75 volume

anyone have ideas besides buying a practice amp. maybe something like putting a pillow or blanket to soak up the echo
well an attenuator (sp?) could help, but it wont make much of a difference at such low levels.
tape a pillow to the cab/speakers and that should help a little bit.
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Practice in your garage or basement if you have one. Idk what else to tell you if you don;t want to buy a small practice amp.
bahahh that would blow up the headphones

an attenuator is what you need, really. I don't get why that guy said it wouldn't work at such low volumes, an attenuator is made to make it low volume?

bad cat leash or weber mini mass imo
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Way to show everybody up jackass.

Guitar: _______________ Amp:
_ Ibanez SZ320 _________Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

V-Picks!
Attenuator!
Don't get a THD hotplate, they are hugely overpriced.

Look at a Weber Mass 100. Cheaper and better!

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
it doesn't have a headphone jack, i don't have money for a practice amp, much less a thd hot plate attentuator, though it looks like something to add to my wishlist. il try the pillow
they do cut down on noise, but not by that much, right?
Fender MIA Standard Strat
ESP LTD Viper 407
Epiphone SG
Starcaster by Fender(modded with Bill Lawrence l-500-xl)
PEAVEY 6505+ (FJA transistor modd)
Peavey 65 watt transtube studio-112
Marshall 1960AV
Vader 2x12
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 band EQ
Quote by doctorcheeze200
they do cut down on noise, but not by that much, right?

What they do is let you get the tone you would have at high volumes at low "practice" volumes. And in the case of the TS it would not sound like bass.

How much are you even willing to spend to solve your issue?
Also a nice OD pedal is always good.

To emulate those sounds at a lower volume and shape the sound, cheaper to.
Quote by MegadethFan
How much are you even willing to spend to solve your issue?

well i don't have job and just spent what i had already saved up so i am sorry that i can't spent 300 dollars. if i had 300 dollars i would just go and buy a practice amp. im am looking for just a quick easy simple thing to soften it a little bit, not to spend more money i spent on the amp to lower the volume
A pillow will work, or a blanket in front of the speaker would work too.

My MXR M108 equalizer helps with sound control - I turn the GAIN and VOLUME sliders to -12 and bam, about as loud as an average television. It's also very useful for shaping your tone.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??