so, i have the basic idea of sweeping down, but im having alot of trouble muting the strings after i play them, ive tried palm muting them, but that doesnt really help me for when im sweeping down. can someone help me out?
when you are sweeping down, you have to mute the strings with the fingers of the left hand.
Eat this, today's music-lovers!
Quote by rabidguitarist
A lot of music isn't really going anywhere. There are tons of fans in here going 'oh my god, <> is evolving so much and <> is so shit lol!' but tons of it is just recycled material and tired ideas.
practice makes perfect...it happened to me at first but now i can do it.

and try not to anchor (just in case you do)
EDIT:
when you are sweeping down, you have to mute the strings with the fingers of the left hand.

oh yeah and that.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
you must mute with both hands, man. Palm mute near the bridge and use your fretting fingers to mute on the fretboard.
The cliched "rig" Signature:

ESP LTD EC-1000VBL (EMG-ed)
Dean Cadillac SilverBurst Left-handed
Boss GT-8
Roland Micro-Cube
Line 6 FlexTone III XL
Levy's straps
don't palm mute the notes like you would in a riff or something, that's laame. just use your palm to keep the other strings quiet.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Hrm... when I sweep pick, I keep my fingers in the shape of the chord, so if i'm play an fmaj (for the lulz) I'd keep all my fretting fingers resting on the strings and at the right frets so no sound comes from them beforehand and that i'm ready to play each note individually when the time comes.
hue