So my great great aunt (The sister of my grandmas grandpa) is Elizabeth Cady Stanton.
I guess my dad had told me this when I was younger but it never really understood just how important she was in history back then. He mentioned it again today and Im like wow, that is pretty cool when you think about it.

I was wondering about if anyone else had any famous ancestors or people they are related to.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
i'm related to Jesse James, and not the Monster Garage one, the actual Jesse James
Member #4 of the I hate "only" threads group

Quote by snow blind
i tryed to smash a guitar once... but it just flew up right back into my face and smashed me

Quote by Kiffa
Surely you can shove a wireless into an effects board, run about, stop and make weird noises, run again.
Charles "The Hammer" Martel... how can you beat that?
/Dream.

Raymond Martel: Bask merchant back in the 1700s
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
I really know nothing about my ancestors, other then asking family do you know any way of finding out?
brian boru for me...and also some kings in ireland. alot of strong irish ties.
and also some other people, but i always thought the irish stuff was the coolest. plus i am feeling keyboard lazy right now and don't feel like typing it all out.
I am descended from John VanSandt, a big wig from the underground railroad, King Charlemagne, and Warlord Ethelfred of Wales. I have aheadstart on this info cuz my dead is a geneologist lol.
i think im distantly related to ringo starr
Bands I've Seen:
Ozzy Osbourne
Rob Zombie
In This Moment
Age of Daze
Blue October
Inward Eye
Thornley
Billy Talent
Rise Against
Rancid
Anvil
Theory of a Deadman
Shinedown
Pop Evil
Blink 182
All-American Rejects
Fallout Boy
Quote by remx15
I am descended from John VanSandt, a big wig from the underground railroad, King Charlemagne, and Warlord Ethelfred of Wales. I have aheadstart on this info cuz my dead is a geneologist lol.

F*cker! You're related to "The Hammer"!
funkyducky

Icing happen when de puck come down, BANG, you know,
before de oder guys, nobody dere, you know.
My arm go comme ça, den de game stop den start up.

Quote by daytripper75
Get To Da Choppa!
Quote by gatewaytobeyond
i'm related to Jesse James, and not the Monster Garage one, the actual Jesse James

The cowboy gangster guy? I am too. My grandmas aunt or somethng had the last name James so it somehow got traced back to Jesse James. In that case we coul be related
Gingers Unite
I'm related to Sir Isaac Newton. Therefore, I have mastery over gravity.

*Goes to check theory*
Gear:
Ibanez S470 (EMG 81/S/85)
Sigma DMC-15E
Laney VH100R
Laney 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Weeping Demon
M-Audio ProKeys 88
Mbox 3 Pro
KRK RP6 G2's
Plum Team FTW!

X
my great, great, great, great,.......... granddaddy is abraham lincoln..... it's kinda ironic cuz my pawpaw was in da kkk
Congratulations, you have finally reached the bottom rung of the ladder.

... I'm on the 2nd.

IT'S HAMMET TIME!
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I'm related to Adam and Eve.

well theyre pretty famous.

and no i dont know how to find out other than asking family, but im sure there are some websites around.
"Bullshit is the glue that binds this nation together."
-George Carlin

The Human Fund: $0.00
PM me to donate
Quote by B4Dkarma
well theyre pretty famous.

Yeah, I guess I'm lucky, I heard they were pretty close too, like my grandparents or something.
There are some famous people with my surname 'Shelley' - Mary Shelley, Percy Shelley, Pete Shelley...its not a very common surname so I'm sure I must be related to at least one of em
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
Help Bunny gain world domination by copying and pasting him in your sig or webpage.

ANDY!!!
My last name is White, from Clan Lamont in Scotland... so maybe Jack White (or did he take Meg White's last name?) or something?

Anyone know how to find this stuff out besides parents and such?
Mickey Rooney.
MY MUSIC!

Quote by severed-metal

Strawberries are cool in real life, but in ice cream, they're like neighbour kids who live across the street from you who like to steal your virginity.

Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser C-6 FR, C-7 FR, C-8
ESP LTD MH-250 w/ EMG 81/85
Not a blood relative but my Uncles son-in-law is Ara Babajian (drummer for Leftöver Crack and The Slackers) and my Dad's uncle (I guess that would be my great uncle) is Rocky Colavito, who played for the Cleveland Indians and I think the Yankees for a short time.

EDIT
: I just realized this thread was about ancestors and not just relatives. I really don't know much about my family from before 1920 :\
Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
Last edited by CFH82 at Dec 13, 2008,
A mexican.

My Grandpa & Grandma. In-fact, everyone in my Family is, including me.

as far as my uncle manaed to trace our family back
we are all Irish farmer/labourers

he's only traced it to the 1800's but still !
" Did You know, in Tibet, if they want something, do you know what they do? They give something away."

"Do they ? That must be why they're such a dominant global power."
Quote by guitarkid2113
My last name is White, from Clan Lamont in Scotland... so maybe Jack White (or did he take Meg White's last name?) or something?

Anyone know how to find this stuff out besides parents and such?

You might be related to Snow White!
My uncle spent 10 years tracing back our family and found that one of my ancestors was a servent to Alexander The Great.
You are now breathing manually.
I think one of my ancestors was Rob Halford. Would explain some of the gayness in my family.
Sail upon the open skies
Robes Pierre. *unenthusiastic yay* Oh, and my great-great grandfather and his two brothers were horse thieves in England.
The arena is empty except for one man,
Still driving and striving as fast as he can.
The sun has gone down and the moon has come up,
And long ago somebody left with the cup,
But he's driving and striving and hugging the turns...
my granddad shot a tiger with a tranquilizer and saved a man's life.

but to answer your question, i don't know.
Quote by skater dan0
...and the bassist comes up to the EQ and moves all the sliders into the typical smiley face pattern and in a really thick Jamaican accent said "you can't have de bass without de smiley face"
My ancestor was one of the Persian Kings in the Sassanid Dynasty.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by DirtyMakik
F*cker! You're related to "The Hammer"!

Charlemagne was not called "The Hammer." That was Charles Martel.
I'm related to a relief pitcher for the Mariners...that's about it I think
Nope, no sig here.
I'm related to King Edward A Briuis. One of the last historical Kings of Ireland.