whats the opinion on changing rarely played strings i have so many guitars alot of them either hang on the wall or sit in cases i dust them off regurely but alot of them don't get played much i have noticed that some that had brand new strings on them before being put away when i do pull them out the strings don't seem to have that new crisp sound do strings really degrade that much not being played or is it just my imagination?
Learn your grammar please.

And i suppose every once in a while. Four months maybe.
depends on the humidity, your sweat, etc. etc. . you can definitely tell when the strings have deteriorated.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Strings can degrade from just sitting without being played, they generally go bad no matter what you do.

I dont know about how often you should change them though, more a judgement you make once picking up a guitar. Then again, if you dont play the guitar much then it depends if you can really be bothered spending time replacing strings if you hardly ever use it. Its up to you, you dont want to spend 20mins or so changing strings when you will only be holding the guitar for an hour or so then putting it away for months.
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
exactly.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
exactly.

/Hug
Gibson 58 RI VOS Custombuckers
Mesa Lonestar Special 2x12
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sometimes if I'm lazy I don't change my strings forever, usually do before a gig though. I don't really care how old or new my strings are unless I notice they have a sound I don't like or if I notice they are weak.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
There's no time limit for strings. Change them whenever they get grimy and lose their brightness.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
I still have the original strings on my acoustic. It's been 2 years. I almost never play it, though. I've been putting off changing them cause the bridge pins are gonna be a real bitch to get out.
Quote by Øttər
Ninja, I dunno who you are but I like you.... so far....
Quote by Shaggy Shadric
My Teddy bear is God. DO NOT QUESTION MY TEDDY!
Quote by MatrixClaw
It's a good thing I like boobs or I'd be more pissed that you just bumped a 2 week old thread for that

Not part of the Bass Militia