I have problems trying to finger tap on my Fender Stratocaster. I use my index finger (right hand) and it doesn't come out clearly. Iuse 10-52 strings on a EADGBE standard tuning. Do I just suck? Are my strings too thick?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Try some fiber.

My good friend Hello Kitty once told me practice makes perfect.
Quote by Crazymike100

You disgust me.

Quote by jack_off_joel
bro u are definately gay

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
A backstabbin' bitch who calls himself the 'oracle'?

Quote by 100%guitarmad
I AM GOING TO HAVE TO REFER TO THE FIRST QUOTE IN YOUR SIGNATURE

UG loves me so much. Do you?

MY NAME IS JACOB. CALL ME THAT.
It's got nothin' to do with your string sizes.
I can do it on my own gauge 11s on my LP and on my friend's Ibanez's gauge 9 super slinky's.

Just practise it slowly. And once you've got it clean speed it up. And also keep a rhythm to it. Mindless fast tappin' without an actualy rhythm sounds shit.
May the Force be with You.
Carmel is hawt
What finger do you guys use? I find my middle finger more preferable but my friends all use their indexes.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
You might want to try toe tapping?

Quote by hazardmaster
What finger do you guys use? I find my middle finger more preferable but my friends all use their indexes.

i think middle is best since you don't have to move the pick
You like it
Quote by hazardmaster

I'm a lot better with my index finger. That means I should practice a lot more with my middle finger I guess.
Quote by linus.d
You might want to try toe tapping?

i think middle is best since you don't have to move the pick

I use my index... but that might be because of the way I hold the pick.

Sorta like that.
So I just extend my index finger for the tappin, whilst keeping the pick between the joint on my index and thumb.
Carmel is hawt
I'm just watching some tapping videos on youtube, I've noticed you don't tap on the E A and D strings? Too thick?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Quote by hazardmaster
I'm just watching some tapping videos on youtube, I've noticed you don't tap on the E A and D strings? Too thick?

Listen to Hot For Teacher by Van Halen.
Carmel is hawt
Quote by hazardmaster

whatever you feel comfortable with.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Try tapping with your pick. Use the side of it, and like scrap it off of the neck. That's what I do and the sound usually comes out very clean. Try using your middle finger too on your right hand, it's the strongest finger, and you can hold your pick and tap at the same time.
Quote by JakdOnCrack
Compressor and distortion, use them.

When you tap with your right hand, when you pull off bend the string a little with your tapping finger so you kind of pluck it. It'll bring out the sound.

^^ this.

distortion brings it out, while on the other hand, clean just makes a trebly ugly noise.

and when you tap with your right hand, (index or whatever), make sure you pull off (pull the string downwards, so it plucks the string) and from there, you'll get a good sound.

Quote by hazardmaster

you can tap wherever you want.
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
practice and pull off a little with ur tapping finger....also a lot of distortion helps a ton...for instance my fuzz sucks for tapping but put a ds-1 (which tonewise sucks, but u get the pic) and its fairly easy.. but practice while ur on the couch over and over
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"
I treat it like a hammer-on type of thing.

Use my index finger and sort of pluck it then "hammer" it or tap it in this case.
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Listen to Hot For Teacher by Van Halen.

or... listen to spanish fly by van halen

also, practice makes perfect. actually don't just press on the string but you have to move it in a certain motion with your right hand finger. you should probably either just practice until it sounds right or watch a video on how it should be done so you know where you're going wrong. I'd just do the former though, you'll hear when it sounds good.
Quote by Meths

I don't think any words should be censored.

Especially faggot since homos aren't real people and all.

Quote by sam b
Man City wont win anything and finish below Arsenal.

city: 3rd + FA cup winners.
arsenal: 4th
Hit it and flick it off.
The sound will die if you... Uhh.. "Tap" the string..
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by untalented
or... listen to spanish fly by van halen

also, practice makes perfect. actually don't just press on the string but you have to move it in a certain motion with your right hand finger. you should probably either just practice until it sounds right or watch a video on how it should be done so you know where you're going wrong. I'd just do the former though, you'll hear when it sounds good.

Yeah basically it's just a hammer-on and a pull-off with your right hand.
You need short nails to do it too.

Or you could always attempt it with a pick.
Carmel is hawt
PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE

evetully it will get strong and sounds seriously fit!

youll be playing satch boogie in a week!