Ahh i have a gig on friday and i think i need to retube my amp. Quick question though, can i use any of the colour code tubes mesa make for my amp? The shop i want to buy off only have the Mesa yellow and grey's in stock, or groove tubes quartet...

Anyone know if those tubes would be ok? Also, for metal... which ones would be best?

Cheers
Quote by vitchb
Ahh i have a gig on friday and i think i need to retube my amp. Quick question though, can i use any of the colour code tubes mesa make for my amp? The shop i want to buy off only have the Mesa yellow and grey's in stock, or groove tubes quartet...

Anyone know if those tubes would be ok? Also, for metal... which ones would be best?

Cheers

For a Mesa F-100? 6L6 STR 440's work well

from Mesa website........

Mesa/Boogie tubes have a three letter color code at the base of the tube used to group the tubes into matched pairs. These color codes do not apply to different tonal variation (the number and two letter codes with the color code are Production Batch #'s and Tester's initials respectively).

Any Mesa tested tube is guaranteed to perform tonefully and reliably within the preset bias of the amp, as long as matched pairs are in the appropriate sockets. No fuss, no muss! Just plug and play when it is time to re-tube. Maintain the TONE! Use Genuine MESA Tubes!
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.