My teacher has one of these in decent condition at his shop for 120 bucks... Is it a good deal? I hear they aren't that much different in circuit from a VH. I didn't get to crank it so it sounded pretty meh on the gain channel, but the cleans were very clear and the chorus sounded great.

Opinions?
120 bucks is a good price.

If you don't like it, though, maybe you don't liek it?
I'd go for it, maybe turn around and sell it. You could easily make $50 off of it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Holy **** take that immediately.

People often underprice it because they don't know they're pretty sought after for death metal and stuff.

I've seen heads go for $350+ on ebay, typical cl prices are like $270+

If i lived where you did i would go buy it right now >_<
Hec YES! Add that to your collection in a heartbeat. Can't even believe you asked if you SHOULD get it here. What are you waiting for at that price?? Leave NOW and go get it. Wait, you got the money right?
Go for it.
If you end up not liking it eventually, I'll buy it off of you.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I might. I'll have to hear it cranked,
It sounds like one of those amps that sound horrible at low-volumes but really heavy at high volumes. I could probably get a deal off of him b/c it's been in there for a while and I've been going to lessons for a while.
I was thinking of AB/ying it with my Classic 30
I'd buy it.

I don't know why it'd sound better cranked, I mean, it is an SS amp. If you don't like the tone, you don't like the tone.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
weird.
The youtube clips sound better than the amp. I'll have to play with it a bit more, some EQing would probably be what I need.
A lot of times, these older amps have just sat and dust/debris has collected in them. This can get into jacks and pots and really make the amp not sound as good as it should (ie less gain, , un-responsive EQ, loss of volume, crackly jacks). Perhaps you can either convince the guy to give it a thorough cleaning or see if he'll let you do it yourself while you are there. And yes, these amps are very similar to the VH series so the tone/gain should be similar.

For $120 though, I'd just get the thing and clean it myself. And if you don't like it, these can sell for $300-$500 (depending on the buyer and availability in the area) so you should be able to at least break even upon selling (or even make a profit). So I see no cons here, only pros.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
Quote by Highwaytohell
My teacher has one of these in decent condition at his shop for 120 bucks... Is it a good deal? I hear they aren't that much different in circuit from a VH. I didn't get to crank it so it sounded pretty meh on the gain channel, but the cleans were very clear and the chorus sounded great.

Opinions?

I find that the speakers in the combo aren't the greatest. When I turned mine on for the first time I was like well its brutal but its missing something and kind of bland. So I hooked her up to my 1960 cab and she went through the roof with tone. If you have another cab laying around hook it up to that and see what happens.