Hey guys here's my current setup:

Guitar: PRS SE EG S-S-H Setup (Bought for around $400 CDN)
Amp: Traynor YCV40 (Bought for around $500 used CDN)

I'm going to get a Keeley Modded Boss DS-1 Ultra as my first effect pedal.
After Christmas and New Years I may have saved up to about $500-700 to spend on some Guitars/Amp/Effect Pedals.

I'm wondering which I should buy/upgrade next.
So far, some of the things I need (I think) include:
A New Guitar (I don't really like my PRS at the moment)
Noise Suppressor (Humming from my Amp annoys me a lot)
DigiTech Whammy (I really like the high Octave sounds, but this really isn't something I need, just for my pleasure I suppose.)
Delay or Looper of some kind (I would love to have Looper to play around with, and a lot of songs I like to play have delay in them.)

I'm thinking I should either get a new guitar or more single effect pedals.

What do you guys think I should buy next?

Thanks
What kind of music do you play?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Well as far as upgrades are concerned

Id recommend getting a Crate GT212.

I don't know the transfer of currency between American and Canadian, but, mine was like..550.

There is no humming from it. And it has reverb built in. 120 Watts.

Plus the humming is really a problem your guitar is having.

Thats an extreme bottom line PRS. A PRS worth having is one worth putting money into.

To cancel out some humming and give you a better tone, id say swap your pickups.
Maybe some gibsons, depending on the kind of music you play depends on the kind of pickups you would choose.
PRS are decently made, even bottom line. But the tone is going to suck cause the pickups blow. Some gibsons or Seymour Duncans would help out alot.

Get something with Alnico Magnets, give you great tone and crunch and don't need the preamping of actives.
i own a Prs se custom and im upgrading to a Gibson les paul studio

alot of people like to dis it cause it doesnt have a binding on the neck or that its a lower end gibson, but hey its still a gibson

you may be able to find one on Ebay for 700-1000 if u save up a few more bucks

mine was $1050
Quote by Chrisiphone
What kind of music do you play?

I like to play a variety of music ranging from Satriani, Vai, Gilbert, GnR's Slash (Mostly solos) to modern rock/alternative Anberlin, Saosin, Paramore, etc.
Looking for a light crunch sound with ability to pull off solos.

Quote by Breakingpoint56
Well as far as upgrades are concerned

Id recommend getting a Crate GT212.

I don't know the transfer of currency between American and Canadian, but, mine was like..550.

There is no humming from it. And it has reverb built in. 120 Watts.

Plus the humming is really a problem your guitar is having.

Thats an extreme bottom line PRS. A PRS worth having is one worth putting money into.

To cancel out some humming and give you a better tone, id say swap your pickups.
Maybe some gibsons, depending on the kind of music you play depends on the kind of pickups you would choose.
PRS are decently made, even bottom line. But the tone is going to suck cause the pickups blow. Some gibsons or Seymour Duncans would help out alot.

Get something with Alnico Magnets, give you great tone and crunch and don't need the preamping of actives.

Thanks, I didn't know the humming was because of my guitar. I was thinking of changing the pickup before but I figured that I want a Humbucker Humbucker setup guitar instead, but at my budget, that sounds like a good plan.

I only use the humbucker pickup, so I guess I'll just change that. Is there a difference in sound from using Neck/Bridge pickup? (Since my guitar is missing the Neck humbucker pickup)

Also, I'm going to be looking into Gibson/Seymour Duncan pickups at the guitar store near my house. Would any Gibson/Seymour Duncan with Alnico Magnet do the trick? Since I doubt the guitar store has that many pickups in stock. Something like this perhaps?

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Gibson-498T-Alnico-Humbucker?sku=306060

Quote by xwarnotwords
i own a Prs se custom and im upgrading to a Gibson les paul studio

alot of people like to dis it cause it doesnt have a binding on the neck or that its a lower end gibson, but hey its still a gibson

you may be able to find one on Ebay for 700-1000 if u save up a few more bucks

mine was $1050

I would love to buy a PRS Se custom but that's out of my budget at the moment.
But I COULD save up until like... next year summer. Without buying any pedals or Effect pedals.

Thanks all