I've never posted in this section of UG, but I've done plenty of lurking to research for an acoustic and I finally bought one the other day. It's a Seagull Coastline Cedar Folk with solid cedar top and laminate cherry back and sides.

This is my first acoustic, so I don't have much to compare it to other than some other acoustics I noodled on at GC and my friends Martin DX1, but I do really like the sound of this guitar. It's a very mid-y guitar, so at first I thought it was too mushy sounding, but I realized I was being too light with my playing. Now I get a very sweet and even tone. I can hear where the guitar could tonally be better, but for just over $300 I'm not complaining. Now for pictures...

I think it's worth mentioning, that the Seagull headstock doesn't look nearly as funky in real life as it always looks in pictures.
Nice pics!

There's only one thing to watch out for. The cedar top will ding VERY easily. I have an Art & Lutherie that is also a cedar top. I had over 12 noticeable dings and scratches in it within a year. Although... it was my first guitar, so I was sorta rough with it. Ohh well, scratches just give character to your guitar.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
That thing is sexy.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
Quote by captivate
Nice pics!

There's only one thing to watch out for. The cedar top will ding VERY easily. I have an Art & Lutherie that is also a cedar top. I had over 12 noticeable dings and scratches in it within a year. Although... it was my first guitar, so I was sorta rough with it. Ohh well, scratches just give character to your guitar.

Thanks, and thanks for the heads up.
Mmmm, i love that grain in the 3rd picture.
Last edited by Badger Land at Dec 17, 2008,
This guitar is gorgeous!

I recently have been searching for a new guitar in the 300-450 price range, and I think you just gave me a new top contender.

Nice. Enjoy. Ive still yet to see a Seagull here in Australia. Id definitely like to try one.