Poll: Is single player on L4D short?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is single player on L4D short?
Yes but its still worth buying
93 70%
No
13 10%
I don't recommend it
26 20%
Voters: 132.
Page 1 of 2
I'm looking forward to purchasing this game because of the excellent response and sales, but from what I read each scenario is only 45-75 minutes, and there are 4 so that's about 5 hours of gameplay at most. right? Can someone who has played the game please give me your opinion on the game and its length. All the best games are short .

Its hard to get a straight answer on the gaming thread, and making a poll is easier.
i heard that each scenario was different every time you played it
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
I think the reason that most people are buying it and recommending it is because it is supposed to have kick ass multiplayer...
Haven't played it though, so I guess I wouldn't know.

Quote by frnzd
Quote by gamebreaker
I think semen would be our biggest export...
We'd build an industry around it.

No it isn't, because you can play it over and over thanks to the dynamic AI.

Also play it on Advanced or Expert, or it's to easy, then YES it's to short, but it will also get boring because it's so easy.
Live Rig:
Ibanez Rg 150R w/ Duncan 59s
Marshall JCM2000 TSL60 Head
Mark IV Combo
Marshall 1960a Cab w/ Vintage 30s
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige w/ Duncan 59s
Jackson SLSMG Soloist
Currently in Ontario, Canada.

It's really good, and the length of each campaign depends on your skill level, whether you've played the level before, the ability of your other three players etc.

So it's all circumstantial. But it's also really good, especially online if you get a good team.
from what i've heard its an awesome game and well worth it

but this belongs in the game thread man
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
If you have a good internet connection and a bunch of friends who have the game, do it, otherwise I don't think it's really worth it.
Quote by gallagher2006
meh. It's not long, but it's not short. Think MGS territory.

MGS takes around 20-30 hours to complete single player (well, MGS4 is what im basing this off, cant remmeber my 1-3 times).

Dont get L4D if your going to play it on single player by yourself, only get it if you plan on playing co-op with friends. If you do its awesome.

BTW, 360 or PC are you planning to get this on?
Quote by duggyrocks
MGS takes around 20-30 hours to complete single player (well, MGS4 is what im basing this off, cant remmeber my 1-3 times).

Dont get L4D if your going to play it on single player by yourself, only get it if you plan on playing co-op with friends. If you do its awesome.

the original MGS could be completed in sub 5 hrs
Quote by duggyrocks

360 because I prefer console games(no, I'm not crazy).
Quote by angusfan16
Pssssttt, Fallout 3 is better!

QFT.

There's no actual plot. You just run along a way with no options being able to be made (I.e NOT open ended). And shoot zombies. Lots too. And not zombies like, 'GAAAH BRAINZZ'. But more like 'HYPAR SPEED MASS INVAZSHUN' zombies.

Different campaigns though.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
Quote by duggyrocks

What?
the online multiplayer is great and each play through is unique thanks to the director AI
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Quote by DSchmitty
No it isn't, because you can play it over and over thanks to the dynamic AI.

Also play it on Advanced or Expert, or it's to easy, then YES it's to short, but it will also get boring because it's so easy.

Yeah, but you don't have to complete the main quest immediately so that gves you plenty of time to do what ever you want.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Pssssttt, Fallout 3 is better!

Maybe it is, but I haven't played 1 or 2 so I wouldn't get it if I played it.
Quote by HGS9669
Don't think the plots are related.
Quote by HGS9669

Neither have I but i head that it doesn't matter if you haven't played the first two.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by HGS9669

Doesn't matter.

GooeyEdit: beaten
Empty Space
Don't get it, it's fun for a week max. It's incredibly repetetive, there's like 4 scenarios, 5 types of enemies, 4 different sounds, 6 weapons and 2 game modes.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Don't get it, it's fun for a week max. It's incredibly repetetive, there's like 4 scenarios, 5 types of enemies, 4 different sounds, 6 weapons and 2 game modes.

I think the same, but I get tired of any game after a short while, so I rarely buy any.
The fun part is that the zombies never spawn at the same spot, so each time you play a map, it's never the same as last time.
Follow the smoke toward the riff filled land
brutal
Quote by HGS9669

Fallout 3 = sequel unrelated.
FO 1 & 2 are isometric RPG's made a decade ago by now defunct Black Isle. Fallout 3 is a first/third person RPG made by Bethesda Softworks, who is known for the Elder Scrolls series (Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion).
They are vastly different, but all of them are good, depending on what you like.
Sworn enemy of the private investigator.
Quote by duggyrocks

First time through I completed it in 19 hours. minus approx 9 hours of cinematic and that's just ten hours of gameplay.

Also I believe someone in the old gaming thread got through it in under 5 hours.
Quote by alkaline3trio
Just buy Gears of War 2. /thread

I'm gonna. I loved the first even though it was short(like I said, the best games are short). But I don't know which to buy first, that or this?
Quote by leeb rocks
First time through I completed it in 19 hours. minus approx 9 hours of cinematic and that's just ten hours of gameplay.

Also I believe someone in the old gaming thread got through it in under 5 hours.

Yes but why the hell would you skip the cinematics aside form going for the Big Boss emblem?
Quote by valdean
I think the same, but I get tired of any game after a short while, so I rarely buy any.
The fun part is that the zombies never spawn at the same spot, so each time you play a map, it's never the same as last time.

Yeah that's about the only thing that changes, but still wasn't enough to keep me interested. I can't believe how much they're charging for it considering it's repetetiveness. That'd be like me charging £50 for letting people go into the pit.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by duggyrocks
MGS : Metal Gear Solid

Yeah thats what i thought it was.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by duggyrocks
MGS takes around 20-30 hours to complete single player (well, MGS4 is what im basing this off, cant remmeber my 1-3 times)

I finished MGS4 on my first play through in about 10 hours on the Solid Normal difficulty...

MGS1 in about 6 hours, again normal and MGS2 in about 7.

Can't remember much about MGS3 at all tbh
Quote by gallagher2006
I finished MGS4 on my first play through in about 10 hours on the Solid Normal difficulty...

MGS1 in about 6 hours, again normal and MGS2 in about 7.

Can't remember much about MGS3 at all tbh

Me too.... I KNOW MGS3 was brilliant, but I forgot about it so quick. Big MGS fan here btw.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

It's got ZOMBEHS in it! Just buy it.

I ain't got it yet, but hopefully I will do during the sales in the new year.
Quote by frusciante_man1
cakemonster..you are truly my hero
HONK
Quote by DeSean
HONK!I like your cake.
Quote by olif8
And Cakeface, why didn't you sig my

HONK!

from that other thread?

Quote by LordBishek

I can't stand it any longer.

HONK

Honk if you love cake! HONK!!
Definitely worth a rent, got it last week end, really fun but I can see how it might get boring after a while. As far as zombie games go though I don't think you can do much better.
founding member of the Bill Bailey fan club (assuming there isn't already one)

proudly not an overly proud vegetarian
I can't be the only one dissapointed by the lack of zombie games on PS3. Anyone know if Left 4 Dead may get ported over anytime?
Page 1 of 2