Hi guys!

I was wondering what you guys think I should get for a basic home recording setup. I will be recording only guitar, bass and vocals at the moment.

What I alredy have:
Laney LV200 Guitar amp with headphone out+effects loop
Hi specced PC(amd athlon x2 5600+, 2gb ram, Nvidia 8800GT, intergrated soundcard)
Basses+guitars
good speakers for moniters

What I am thinking of is some sort of soundcard with good quality inputs and 5.1 outputs(I use my PC for gaming as well) as well as a reasonable quality Mic for Vocals

My budget is £100 Max, but obviously, the cheaper, the better

Thanks in advance

Edit: I was looking at this, http://www.thomann.de/gb/terratec_phase_26_usb_se.htm and also http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/line6-toneport/68600; Are these any good? Thanks
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Last edited by nickbob00 at Dec 13, 2008,
At that price range, grab a Tapco Mackie link USB and a shure SM58.

You'll get more than acceptable recordings, and the link USB has Instrument level inputs (aswell as mic inputs) for plugging straight into the PC for appls like Revalver and Guitar Rig, and connects using USB.
£100? Yeah. Decent microphones are at least that much.

As for audio interfaces. Again. About £100 for a resonable one. Obviously firewire is better than USB but it does depend on what you're recording. If you're only gonna be doing 1 track at a time then USB will be okay.

When looking at audio interfaces, have at look at one's that come with free software, this will save you some money!
Gibson, Martin, Orange, Apple.
I would rather not buy software, as there are places one could theoretically download it free.

Also, I have Sony acid 6 and just somehow rigged my amp into my pc through the headphone jack into the line in on my soundcard but the quality isnt great

Finally, what sort of microphone would you guys recomend for vocals (somtimes screaming/death grunting) but also versitile to possibly mic up a guitar amp or somthing

Ive heard the Shure SM57 is good for these things, is that right and is there a cheaper none that is good/better for these things?

Thanks
Gear List:
Ibanez S320
Lavey LV200
Squier Stratocaster Affinity HSS
No-Name Wesley Fat Strat copy
Peavey Rage 158
Last edited by nickbob00 at Dec 13, 2008,