Hey guys. I just went out and got my first electric guitar, and Ibanez RG 120, and I feel spoiled, its a beautiful dark red, which came with a soft case ans some extra strings(which I don't know if I'll use) and I've been using my friends small 10 watt Ibanez. I now need to go get my own, and I have a budget of a hundred bucks. I've read up on it, and I've heard that the amp is more important than the guitar if you're trying to get a spefific sound. I'm probably going to play mostly metal, trash, punk, and hardcore. I'll be playing to get better (I just started) What would you guys reccomend to me?
you got $100!!!....... ists gonna be hard to find an amp that can do your types of music.

i suggest a vypyr 15 its $99
and its not gonna be good for jamming with a drummer

OR

save up and get a used 5150 (it fits in your types of music)
i saw one in e bay selling for only $300
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Dec 13, 2008,
Amp is more important than guitar for sound, but that would only be the case at a higher price range. At the budget you're looking at, just get whatever amp you can, get one you like, and later on when you get better and you have more money, you can afford a better one. At 100$, the only thing you'll get is solid-state, and it doesn't have a big impact on your sound.
Quote by Da Squiz
Well what I was thinking of doing was maybe saving up, and getting something like this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944799-i1168995.gc
and just save up to get it, and it'd be the only amp I'd need for a couple of years.

That Line 6 looks pretty cool doesn't it? I went into a Rock Shop, played it, then played the Vypyr. The Peavey completely blows the Line 6 out of the water, plus the 60w vypyr is a hybrid amp, so its perfectly capable of keeping up with a drummer in a band, but would also be fine for bedroom playing. Do yourself a favor and don't buy a Spider
Quote by Da Squiz
Well what I was thinking of doing was maybe saving up, and getting something like this
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Line-6-Spider-III-30-30W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp-103944799-i1168995.gc
and just save up to get it, and it'd be the only amp I'd need for a couple of years.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
never-ever get a spider
just use his amp and save up for this http://cgi.ebay.com/Peavey-5150-COMBO_W0QQitemZ260329494198QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item260329494198&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I could care less about looks, as long as it works well to meet my needs. It's hard to take advice, seeing as everyone says the opposite. I figure I can go into GC and test out some amps, and save up if I have to. THanks
Quote by Da Squiz
I could care less about looks, as long as it works well to meet my needs. It's hard to take advice, seeing as everyone says the opposite. I figure I can go into GC and test out some amps, and save up if I have to. THanks

Stay away from the Line 6 Spider III and the Marshall MG.
Why are some many people against the Line 6 Spider? I decided to go against the advice (everyone says different things, even teh dude at the store said they're good) and got the Spider III. It's decent, plays some good distortion. And if I'm not totally happy with it, I've got thirty days to take it back. I only payed a hundred for it, and it's a fifteen watt with nice effects.