I found this problem while playing Carousel by Blink - 182

When I had to stretch my pinky to hit frets on my bass, I somehow dislocated the end of my little finger. This has happened about 12 times now. It kills to pop it back in but wtf else can I do?

Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone know of any solution or pinky support sort of thing?

Cheers
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
Dont play the song.

Or find an alternative fretting.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
interesting problem. I wonder if you have a fixable problem? But yeah, alternative fretting is the best I know of. i think anything you use to brace your finger will remove all of your dexterity.

By problem, I mean medical. Talk to a doctor?
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by Flaming Bass
I found this problem while playing Carousel by Blink - 182

When I had to stretch my pinky to hit frets on my bass, I somehow dislocated the end of my little finger. This has happened about 12 times now. It kills to pop it back in but wtf else can I do?

Does this happen to anyone else and does anyone know of any solution or pinky support sort of thing?

Cheers

Go see a doctor. I'm not sure that this is a huge issue, but it sure as hell isn't normal. Either there are problems with the joints of your hand/fingers or your technique is very wrong.
I got in everyone's hostile little face. Yes, these are bruises from fighting. Yes, I'm comfortable with that. I am enlightened.
Funky Muthafucka Of The Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 To Join.
UG Irish Clan-Póg mo thóin
Quote by Caustic
Beast Within, you're awesome.
Quote by Beast_Within
Go see a doctor. I'm not sure that this is a huge issue, but it sure as hell isn't normal. Either there are problems with the joints of your hand/fingers or your technique is very wrong.

I think it's me not my technique, although i'm no expert.

I'm seeing my doctor next week about it, only problem he will probably say something along the lines of:

"Lol stop playing it then here have some pills too kthxbai"

(He doesn't actually speak like that )

If I can't sort it out though i'm just gonna have to change the fretting because I sure as hell am not giving it up. (I'm doing it @ college next year )

Thanks anyway people, I found out that i'm special (yay?)
USA Fender Precision w/ Badass III + SD 1/4 pounders
MIM Fender Jazz
T21 SansAmp VT Bass
Gallien Krueger MB212
what note do you need to hit and what's the stretch?

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by Flaming Bass
I think it's me not my technique, although i'm no expert.

I'm seeing my doctor next week about it, only problem he will probably say something along the lines of:

"Lol stop playing it then here have some pills too kthxbai"

(He doesn't actually speak like that )

If I can't sort it out though i'm just gonna have to change the fretting because I sure as hell am not giving it up. (I'm doing it @ college next year )

Thanks anyway people, I found out that i'm special (yay?)

Tell your doctor you need to play, he won't just blow you off. He may tell you there is nothing to be done, but he should explain it to you if you ask. My dad's a doctor, I think your doctor will not be too different.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.