I was wondering how it is possible to copy or get the exact tone of a famous guitar player, is there a software for that? Plz help I'm wishing to replicate Jimmy Page tone, but I don't want to buy a Les Paul and a Marshall so there must be a way. Any help would be greatly apreciated
Fender Stratocaster Highway One
Digitech GNX 4
Laney Lx65R
haha let the **** talking start.
good luck kid
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
The two main software modellers are Amplitube and Guitar Rig, try those but you're probably going to want a humbucker equipped guitar.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Quote by the_white_bunny
haha let the **** talking start.
good luck kid

that's the only reason i'm watching this thread
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Quote by masturnate42
that's the only reason i'm watching this thread

haha
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E
To get the exact same tone of page without buying a les paul and marshall because obviously buying these would make you sound exactly like him, I would advise you to do the folowing things.....

Try to play your strat at a definitive 45 degree angle, the g force that is applied by the atmospheric pressure will eliminate that strat sound and will definatly give you that les paul sound.
Problem one solved.

As for not having a marshall amp, these are mimicked easily. Go to your local store, grab THE largest carboard box there is, paint it blue (must be blue for single cell reasons) place the box half way over the amp you currently have and pierce the box in 12 identical places to let the sound seep through the material.

There you have it Jimmy Page tone....

Its all in the science kid, stay in school and be cool!
Page had more than one tone, pick one... name an album, song or live performance. A Les Paul and Marshall isn't going to get every tone.
Yep, he's used Danelectro's, Strats, ect. and not always Marshalls. Just play around with what you've got until you find something close, his tone isn't very complicated...Otherwise it isn't worth it to spend a lot of money on modeling a single tone from a famous artist....
I'm not going to help you in your quest - I will instead scold you for not wanting to be yourself, though.
^^And it has CRUSHING OVERDRIVE!
Gear:
Agile Ash RB 828
Schecter C-7 (old 90s style headstock)
Handbuilt 6-string V
Handbuilt Baritone scale 6 string Iceman-copy
Pod HD300
Last edited by Jango22 at Dec 13, 2008,
He also used Tele's quite a bit...
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
really to sound EXACTLY like someone else you need the to have the same skill and gear.
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground