Okay, so I'm getting some new pickups for my guitars, cuz the old ones suck. I'm looking for a Single Coil and a Humbucker, going into a Flying V style guitar, the body is maple if that matters and its not a name brand, just a cheapie that was surprising good except for the pickups.

So I'm looking for some pickups that are good for basic rock and metal tones, not the mid-scooped tone, but just a general, full sounding tone. I don't want them to be super hot, more mellow, but with enough balls to not sound wimpy.

Any suggestions? Price isn't a huge problem seeing as how the guitar was cheap.
Dimarzio PAF Pro(Bridge) / Humbucker from Hell (Neck) , which is not as hot as the name suggests, sounds like a good option for you

If you have the cash look in to BKP's
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Would Musician's Friend have these? Or maybe some samples of something? Or could you link me to the sites?
Quote by MadAudioMan
Okay, so I'm getting some new pickups for my guitars, cuz the old ones suck. I'm looking for a Single Coil and a Humbucker, going into a Flying V style guitar, the body is maple if that matters and its not a name brand, just a cheapie that was surprising good except for the pickups.

So I'm looking for some pickups that are good for basic rock and metal tones, not the mid-scooped tone, but just a general, full sounding tone. I don't want them to be super hot, more mellow, but with enough balls to not sound wimpy.

Any suggestions? Price isn't a huge problem seeing as how the guitar was cheap.

Paf pro = gain but not in your face

Warpig= High output
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Oh I found Dimarzio fine, I didn't recognize the name at first for some reason >_>

But yeah, the Humbucker From Hell is one my friend has in his guitars neck position, I like the sound of it, so I'll probably get that, I'll probably shop around for a different single coil one though, probably a cheaper one because I won't be playing bridge position much.