And they all sound so damn good! I don't know which one to choose... Alright, they had takamine's, a taylor($600, over budget) and some other brand name in cursive that I couldn't read. Anyway to narrow my choices down to one? The solid tops and laminates sound very similar tone wise(must be a thin layer)...
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Do you think the cursive written ones were Art & Lutherie? Good brand, in my opinion.
Oh, forgot to mention, the frets are so much easier to press down than even my Electrics, with no buzz at all... And the cursive ones were *googles* Greg Bennett...

Here's their website on their acoustics http://imperialguitar.stores.yahoo.net/acguit.html
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
How long have you been playing? If it hasn't been for very long then your tonal ear won't have developed enough to tell the difference between lam and solid. But trust us, get as much solid wood as possible.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
what's your budget?!?
i have an amazing guitar for sale for 300.00 plus shipping (it's just too wide for me). it sounds fantastic...it's LOUD, it's stunning, it's bright, it's easy to play. it has a kick-ass gig bag. check out breedlove.com and look at the C25, FS guitar (electric acoustic cutaway). if you want to know more, holla back.

http://www.breedloveguitars.com/instruments/guitars/passport/c25_fs/index.php
Last edited by veggiegrrrl at Dec 13, 2008,
Under $300-400 not too sure, been playing for 1.5+ years, haven't really kept a count. I'll probably go with a Takamine though, any recommendations?
Last edited by AlucardZero at Dec 14, 2008,
This?

Solid spruce top, fiddleback (flamed) laminate maple back and sides, vintage violin sunburst. The NEX size body is smaller and more comfortable than a dreadnaught or a jumbo, but still sounds great (think Taylor Grand Auditorium sized). Takamine playability, quality, and most importantly, tone. All for $400. No electronics or cutaway though. You'll only need electronics for gigging though, and even then you can just mic up. The only drawback there is if you stand up you can't move around. If I remember right though, you said you wanted a cutaway. Most of the time only A/E's will have a cutaway though, and an A/E in your price range more than likely won't be very good.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
im looking for a similar guitar and keep coming back the the takamine g340sc, acoustic solid top with cutaway, no electronics, there's very few pure acoustics with a cutaway out there. its only 300 bucks too.

i've also been considering the washburn J28SCEDL, jumbo body with cutaway and electronics--b stock is only 400 bucks on musiciansfriend but i cant really find much info about it. seems to be EXACTLY the same as the cumberland however and i've read very good things about those. cant find one locally to play though.
If you are looking for a G340SC then PM me! I've got one in mint condition that I was thinking of selling. I'll give you a good deal on it. I kinda accidentally won it on eBay a while back and I've just got too many guitars
jimtaka i want it, i'll send cash, check, paypal, whatever...pm me asap!
Quote by jimtaka
If you are looking for a G340SC then PM me! I've got one in mint condition that I was thinking of selling. I'll give you a good deal on it. I kinda accidentally won it on eBay a while back and I've just got too many guitars

Say what!?!? I didn't think this could be possible! I have 3 and you have "too many"? Grrrrrr....

JK
Quote by Natrone
How long have you been playing? If it hasn't been for very long then your tonal ear won't have developed enough to tell the difference between lam and solid. But trust us, get as much solid wood as possible.

I dont believe thats true. Ive been playing for about a year and I could tell while demoing acoustics. Hell simply taking a pick and strumming the guitars while still on the wall I was able to tell. Even noticed that same model guitars still sound different, regardless of solid or lam.
Quote by jimtaka

Wanna help a poor student out? I've only got 2 guitars.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
Quote by Ma|ichi
I dont believe thats true. Ive been playing for about a year and I could tell while demoing acoustics. Hell simply taking a pick and strumming the guitars while still on the wall I was able to tell. Even noticed that same model guitars still sound different, regardless of solid or lam.

for someone who takes looks over tone i don't think your thoughts are very valid at all.
Schecter Diamond Series C-1 Elite
Roland Cube 30x
Blueridge BR-143
Go with a Tak, I've had mine for a little over a year and it sounds and plays as wonderfully as ever
Takamine EG341SC
Godin Freeway Classic -> Boss TU-2 -> Fulltone OCD -> MXR M173 -> Boss RC-20XL -> Traynor YCV50 Blue
Quote by captivate
Wanna help a poor student out? I've only got 2 guitars.

I don't have anything for sale that is nicer than your Martin

@Dave... I think I have 9 acoustics, 1 electric, 1 bass, and 1 ukulele. I just need to thin it out some because I'm running out of space. If I'm going to buy this Taylor I have my eye on, I'll need to free up some space
Quote by about
for someone who takes looks over tone i don't think your thoughts are very valid at all.

if i completely took looks over tone then I would have already bought an Ibanez Exotic. But after trying everything i could, they sound too shallow for me. As it stands the red takamine 440c or the red 260, I played has my eye, It had the best tone out of all the ones with the same body style in that price range, and the neck feels great. I'm also currently watching some online auctions.
If you've only got $300 - $400 to spend... I suggest getting on kijiji and look for someone down on their luck and hope to get a $1000 guitar.

If you spend a month shopping on Kijiji and checking the price against model number, you'll end up getting a way better guitar for the $$ and.... you'll learn a whole damn bunch about guitar brands, reputations and all that other jazz along the way.

I'm not saying you should never buy new... I just don't think you get much for your $$ at that price point unless you become the hunter and really look for it.
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
Althought that Taylor dose sound delicious and tastey but like you said it was over your budget Takimine are good guitars just don't get a Jasmine .
Hearing about a pair of great boobs is like hearing about a really cool bug or lizard as a kid and you just gotta see it.
Takamine puts too much finish on many of their mid-line instruments and it takes away from the resonance. (personal opinion... nothing more)
2001 Gibson USA Les Paul Studio Black/Gold
2008 Alvarez-Yairi DY40C
2004 Taylor 310
Marshall AVT275

Ex guits 2002 Ovation Elite, 1995 Seagull 12 BC Rich Gunslinger Snakeskin Various Yamaha Various Sammick Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone ES
i just got a takamine gs330s, and i love it.

It's the first guitar i got to go shop for and buy myself (first one was a gift) and i am in love with it