never tried one out so i dont how they are. So why do you all hate them?
They sound crap. I tried a MG50 against a Peavey Vypyr 15 and the 15wat peavey sounds better.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
What's right with them? They're harsh, loud and fizzy sounding.
Jackson Kelly KE3 w/P-Rails; Aria Pro II TSB-350
• ZVex Fuzz Factory; DigiTech Whammy; Danelectro Fish & Chips; Marshall ED1; Fulltone OCD; DigiTech Whammy; Marshall JMP1; Boss CE3; Vox AC4TV

EMU 0404; Reason/Record; M-Audio AV40
Everyone hates them because people tell them they're bad.

My only problems with them are a lack of mid control, and no sweep in the volume, it goes from quiet to ****ing loud.
Quote by Oujou

Agreed. They really aren't THAT bad at all.

They get the job done anyway.
It depends what you like. What you want to play. Mines a good little practice amp.
a lot of people hate them because many buy them because of "Marshall Mania", namely if someone sees a Marshall i MUST be good. Even though there are many better and cheaper amps in the same area
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
I think its just that they have poor sound quality compared to other amps in their price range.Id take a tone blaster over an MG any day,Marshall could have done better.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

its the sound that you get from one, the distortion is just horrible sounding compared a competitors amp, and most people are attracted to one because it says Marshall on the front of it. Just because it says Marshall doesn't mean it sounds like one.
Quote by masterk1818
Ya well when i wrestle/play with my dog he sometimes jumps on my back and starts humping me. But should he be doing this if he is neutered?

Quote by InvaderTSN
Wrestle with him naked. He'll ruv you rong time.

flickr
Quote by SeveralSpecies

....no homo?
I have one and LOVE the clean tone from it. The overdrive is kinda crap, but I have a pandora effects box for that <3
"How to fly: Hurl yourself at the ground and miss."
-Douglas Adams
Pround member of the Motley Crue club.
Quote by Oujou

My only problems with them are a lack of mid control, and no sweep in the volume, it goes from quiet to ****ing loud.

Same here. It could have a lil bit more power for a 30 Watt amp but overall it's a pretty nice amp.
everyone buys them for the name (myself included) when they are upgrading from their amp that came with their guitar in a package so they "know" about equiptment only to later find out that it sounds like crap.

i've finally saved up enough money to replace mine with an Orange Tiny Terror on tuesday! WOO
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
The mg250dfx (2x12 combo) is pretty decent. I didn't buy it, it's my bass players, but it works well.
They have a lot more problems compared to amps in their price range. I've seen many with failed pots, fan failures, and random other electrical problems. The smaller ones are decent for a budget bedroom amp, and it's true most of the time they get a bad rep because of the bandwagonery that goes on, but the reality of it is there are just better amps for the price...
Don't go by what others say on tone because everyones ear is different. Not defending the MG or any amp here. Go out and try and see for yourself. If you like it, then buy it. Its pretty simple, if you hate it then its not for you. Make your own judgment and don't follow bandwagons.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Eh. They're all right. It all depends on you. As some have stated already...

There's always better amps out there anyway.
Most people hate on it do to what they hear from others, I have one and think it's a pretty decent practice amp

The cleans are nice, but the OD isn't to hot, but I rarely use the OD myself anyway
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
the OD is a mess, way to noisy, and good luck getting your guitar heard when its cranked.
The cleans are Meh, sounds more like your guitar miked than actually plugged in, so just am amplified sound of your electric guitar unplugged.
People just compare MG's to a bunch of tube amps. They are built as solid states, and were meant to be solid states. For all of the solid states on the market I know, these are good as hell.

The tone is all personal preference though. The bigger one's tones aren't as bad as people say it is. If you don't like it, but still have it, just use pedals.

I personally love these.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
People just compare MG's to a bunch of tube amps. They are built as solid states, and were meant to be solid states. For all of the solid states on the market I know, these are good as hell.

The tone is all personal preference though. The bigger one's tones aren't as bad as people say it is. If you don't like it, but still have it, just use pedals.

I personally love these.

I'm comparing them to line 6 spiders, and spiders beat the **** out of MGs, if your into cheap solid state practice amps, get a line 6 spider III.
Quote by stratdud39
I'm comparing them to line 6 spiders, and spiders beat the **** out of MGs, if your into cheap solid state practice amps, get a line 6 spider III.

Once again, its personal preference.

I used to have a Spider III and I like my MG better.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Get off the bandwagon Rocker_94. Stereotypical UG post
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst