I was looking at the two of these great pedals and i was wondering, what are the major differences?

They say that the TS9 is made at the original factory the original way so i can't find what any difference would be on it other than maybe the switch.
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Neither. If you can afford the TS808 reissue, you can go botique. The Fulltone FD2 Mosfet can do Tubescreamer sounds, clean boost and an overdrive with flatter mids. Sounds absolutly amazing. Tubescreamers are overrated anyway
The TS808 is vintage sounding, and the TS-9 a bit more modern.
But as was already said, the TS808 is a bit of a ripoff, and if you are going into that range a Fulltone would be a better choice.
If you are looking for the 808 sound for less, you can always check out the BBE Green Screamer, I believe its more or less an 808 clone but it's the price of a TS-9.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Check into Maxon as well.

Maxon was the original manufacturer for Ibanez when the original Tubescreamers were made. If you want to buy new and want the real thing, you want a Maxon.

Otherwise, Fulltone, as said, make great pedals as do BBE and plenty of other companies. My suggestion to you would be to go try out as many as you can and then decide which is the best for you.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com