So I need to retube my Peavey Valveking after one of the power tubes died and I was wondering how I'd go about it. From what I've read the Peavey Valveking is a fixed bias amp but I've seen so many people say they've replaced the stock tubes in the Vavleking with an entirely new brand of tubes and names. I was looking on a website and found these tubes.


Would it be possible to install these tubes without any modifications? They have the same name as the stock tubes but they're made by a different company, so, would that be fine?

Yes, it's fine, just take out the old ones and put the new ones in.

However, I wouldn't really suggest Mesa tubes, all they are is overpriced, rebranded tubes from other companies. Check into JJ, they sound great in Peavey amps.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.