I am coming into a good bit of money and have to decided to buy the nicest guitar I possibly can. I play mostly metal, but good blusey clean sounds are necessary as well. Budget is around 2,500 dollars but I will go higher if necessary. I like thin, unfinished necks, but painted works as well. I want an HSH configuration or an HH or SSH. A good trem is also necessary, with good pickups and hardware.

Thanks
PRS

They seriously go metal quite well. Very nice trem. HH. Might want to switch the rotary knob for a 3 way switch though.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
B.C Rich Warlock. Oh yeahh.

Actually I dunno. But Ibanez is pretty good. Or Jackson.
Vigier Blues, that guitar is sick. PRS are nice but the Vigier just takes the cake for me man. The walnut version was reviewed in Guitarist a while back and they gave it one of their high scores, very nice.
i enjoy head
if you want a thin neck, those little thin necks that ibanez use for necks work. they are quite small and they bolt on most of their necks up until about 2000. i wont recomend them but if your looking for a thin neck ibanez is what you want, you can use whats left to get new pickups, replace the edge III, and get a nic new paint job unless you get a JEM model in which case you can still get those pickups and replace the edge III.
if you want metal with blues go with a B.C. rich mocking bird (since youve got the money the high end richs are godly) or bich, or a gibson les paul in the 2000s range.
i would personally recomend deans, but thats just me
Quote by haha
every time I see your username I press F8 out of curiosity then I have to give myself a big ol' facepalm

Quote by ouch
What the hell? F8 doesn't do anything interesting This toy is lame

Quote by TheReverend724
I can have a beer later, I need to level Charmeleon NOW!
Prs! Prs! Prs!!!!
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
Quote by Chickenparts
How are the necks on a PRS?

it MIGHT be a little wider than you want. But they're some of the most comfortable necks I've ever played.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
ESP Ltd's would be good for you as well.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Im gonna say Vigier again. You probably dont know them but they are the guitars used by shawn lane and bumblefoot. They have super low action, great feel, and you can get get great sounds from them. Dont listen to these guys saying jackson and such and such, they are shooting some cheap guitars.

p.s. the carvin necks are pretty nice to play on, they are made from rock maple and they are very smooth and very substantial.
i enjoy head
Quote by Jazzcore23
Im gonna say Vigier again. You probably dont know them but they are the guitars used by shawn lane and bumblefoot. They have super low action, great feel, and you can get get great sounds from them. Dont listen to these guys saying jackson and such and such, they are shooting some cheap guitars.

p.s. the carvin necks are pretty nice to play on, they are made from rock maple and they are very smooth and very substantial.

Where can you get Vigiers?
Online. Or you can go to their website, just type in Vigier, and locate a dealer near you.
i enjoy head