I'm learning In Flames - Come Clarity, since I'll be playing it with my band on Monday. The song itself isn't difficult, but the tuning leaves me with a big question mark over my head. Guitar Pro says that the tuning for the guitar I'm playing is:

A#2 F3 A#3 D#4 G4 C5

Can someone tell me what tuning this is? Does it have a name? And more importantly, how do I tune my guitar this way from a standard tuning by ear or by using a cheap electronic tuner?
Yea, thats Drop A#
its really low
so it would probably be best to have an electric tuner, but i suppose one could do it by ear
(\/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny.
(")_(") ExtremeMetalFTW donated these ears
Notice something wrong? Yea, me too
| |
[ ]
Quote by Siege of Power
Yea, thats Drop A#
its really low
so it would probably be best to have an electric tuner, but i suppose one could do it by ear

You're probably gonna need some thick strings, too.
This is going to be problematic... my tuner sucks and I'm not good enough to do it by ear. Also, I'm using 10-46 strings. I guess I'll either play it in standard, or we'll do another song. Argh.
Not really anything wierd about it, same tonal difference between strings as drop d. It's just tuning all string equally down from there. And about the heavy strings part, some guys say you need high gauge strings just to play drop C, I play drop A on light gauges on a strat and it feels perfectly fine :p
So it sounds like drop D, only darker? In that case, I'll do the D instead, a lot easier.

And that sounds interesting about your strat, heh. I'll definately have to try this tuning once I get another guitar after Christmas.
i use fender bulets on a 10 or 11 depending what i can afford

you, might need a 12 gauge

keep in mind that these are heavy ass strings
The UN-exiled one.
I'm not about to change strings just to play one song, so I'll have to solve this some other way, I guess. Thanks for all the answers, guys.
personally you can get away with using the lighter strings by adjusting the action up properly while your in this tuning which could prevent some of the fret buzz or string clanks you might get because drop A tunings are extremely low man. Its a lot lower than D you could probably get away with a drop C tuning to play whatever song your trying to play