So, I have maybe $200-250 to spend on recording equipment. The audio interface will cost me around $100 so that leaves me with about $150 to spend on effects. What do you think I should get? I will just be recording my guitar so there is no need for microphones.
i dunno if u want really proffesional recording equipmpent, but the digitech RP 500 multi effects is pretty kickass, and it comes with a USB cord and software to record songs on your PC. it goes for $300
First off mic'n your amp will get you better sound results overall. Are you talking about pedals? The basics are delay, chorus, wah, overdrive, eq..... depends on your style of playing.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub
First off mic'n your amp will get you better sound results overall. Are you talking about pedals? The basics are delay, chorus, wah, overdrive, eq..... depends on your style of playing.

No, I'm talking about things like guitar rig and stuff like that. Things I can use on the computer.

EDIT: I don't want to mic my amp because I have a pretty basic modeling amp (roland micro cube)
well in that case the rp500 would be perfect, that is if u want somethings that has both effects and that u can connect to ur pc to record stuff
Quote by bchig
well in that case the rp500 would be perfect, that is if u want somethings that has both effects and that u can connect to ur pc to record stuff

If i were to go that route, I'd probably go for a pod xt.... thanks anyways!
probably a pod.... a bunch of effects and you dont have to turn on your computer to use it.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
But he isn't asking for those things. He is asking for software effects.

Basically, you already know about guitar rig etc. There is a free one on this board which is worth a go for free (search for virtuAMP). There's loads of free vst effects on www.kvraudio.com. Try those out to see if you like them, before purchasing.
There is poetry in despair.