hey what sort of effect would replacing the tubes in my Marshall TSL60 with mesa Boogie 12ax7a's have?

and could replacing my pre amp tube help solve my problems with my effects not showing through when I play distorted through my effects loop even though the mix control is at 100% (wet signal) could ths be a sign that I need to replace the tubes?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
sorry I am aware that I think my amp needs ecc83 tubes so yeah a messa equivalent basically, what would that do to my amps sound?
Quote by Bazilisck311
So if I buy a Les Paul standard and throw it 200 mph, its binding will generate downforce?
You could probably drop in any 12AX7 for the preamps. ECC83 is just the European designation for the 12AX7.

I don't think it will necessarily make the effects loop work better, and might not have a drastic effect on the overall sound.

And is there any reason for going for mesa branded tubes? They are just rebranded tubes, probably from multiple sources.
Just because i love the sound of Mesa amps, if I could go almost half way between the two (Marshall and Mesa)I'd be very happy!, so 12ax7's work fine then?

Basically my FX loop is buggered so I thought that maybe a replacement of my tubes might help, it's a prolem I can't understand? should I take my amp to a shop and get them to have a look?
Quote by Bazilisck311
You'd be better off trying a different preamp tube.... 12AU7's, 12AT7's, etc. Or simply a different brand. JJ's for example.

I had a V-Tiwn with Mesa tubes on it and they were great for distortion and produced nice cleans. I tried with Groove Tubes (forgot which designation as they have several types of even the same tube) and they had more headroom and better cleans, more of a bluesy sound.

That said, those tubes won't get you any closer to the Mesa Sound. Maybe if you swap power tubes and make some modifications to the circuitry.

yeah, thake your amp to a technician on the FX Loop issue.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
Quote by Warpo
You'd be better off trying a different preamp tube.... 12AU7's, 12AT7's, etc. Or simply a different brand. JJ's for example.

I had a V-Tiwn with Mesa tubes on it and they were great for distortion and produced nice cleans. I tried with Groove Tubes (forgot which designation as they have several types of even the same tube) and they had more headroom and better cleans, more of a bluesy sound.

That said, those tubes won't get you any closer to the Mesa Sound. Maybe if you swap power tubes and make some modifications to the circuitry.

yeah, thake your amp to a technician on the FX Loop issue.

Thanks I was thinking of replacing the lot at the same time anyway, Mesa tubes seemed pretty damn expensie compared even to Groove tubes, or JJ's I'll get some power tubes as well.

So yeah is taking my amp to a technician the best thing for me to do?
Quote by Bazilisck311
Quote by ierostyle
So yeah is taking my amp to a technician the best thing for me to do?

Yes, indeed. Maybe after the tube swap if you want to, so you can isolate the issue not being a tube.
Noob Grade Gear...
Ibanez GRX20 GFS Pups, Digitech RP3, Vox Satchurator, Behringer DD400 Delay, Danelectro Fish n Chips EQ, Behringer GMX110
Total lack of skills and not into broot4Lz anymore
Thanks for your help, maybe I'll sort it all out over the next month or something, and get it all running nicely.
Quote by Bazilisck311