I have searched and found many of these threads, but none all too helpful. So I decided to go ahead, ask, and get it over with.

Looking into a Vox amplug but im not sure which one I would like! Im terrible with tone and such

Im particularly looking for The Pillows tone (not sure why I couldnt think of a better band example). Just generally a softer more modern day alternative rock distortion sound. I bold modern day because Id like to emphasize I do not like the Classic Rock or 80's style rock sound..obviously ive eliminated Classic Rock.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Well, it sounds like your best bet is the AC30 version.
It would seem to be much better than the Metal version.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

ENDLESS FEEDBACK MANIPULATOR σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
looks like you'd like a metalish sound as the classic rock and ac30 amplug sound very similar. The only problem with the metal one is that it's pretty much impossible to get a clean sound and might have to much gain, although you can roll it back.

Sorry I don't know who the pillows are so I can't relate.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Aww, its alright I appreciate the help.

Yeah, I do like the Metal..but I feel its a little too much distortion

Stepco's Master
yeah I was in the same boat as you, I got the metal because I like that modern tone, I occasionally role back the gain, but it sounds better with more gain, so I just leave the gain at around 6 even though it's too much. Maybe you should try to try them out in a store if you can.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
yeah I was in the same boat as you, I got the metal because I like that modern tone, I occasionally role back the gain, but it sounds better with more gain, so I just leave the gain at around 6 even though it's too much. Maybe you should try to try them out in a store if you can.

Nice to know im not the only one..yeah though, I think ill end up doing that. Really cant make a choice unless I try it for myself.

Thanks again for the opinion

Stepco's Master
I definitely do not play metal, but I bought the metal version. It's great. Yeah, there's no clean--and with the gain backed all the way off, it's like an AC30 with the gain half way up. I was just plainly impressed with the tone. 40 bucks of awesomeness.
I've also been looking at these, but I want to plug them into my stereo system.

How do you guys think that'll sound?
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Quote by dudetheman
I've also been looking at these, but I want to plug them into my stereo system.

How do you guys think that'll sound?

It sounds kick ass ..I heard a guy play with one on his surround sound

Stepco's Master