I don't know if this is in the right forum or not but I got a question is it a good Idea for me to start over on guitar because I know very few chords and don't seem to be getting anywhere in my playing I've only been playing for 6 or 7 months now.
There's a restart button?!

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

If you meant stop playing then uhm don't.

You haven't even been playing for a year so don't get bogged down and what not with not being Mr.Zomgskillzor.

It doesn't matter if you're good or not,if you enjoy playing then keep on playing,with practice,you'll get better and progress as a musician as you build up fundamentals and technique.

Try setting small goals for yourself like practicing for a set time a day or learning a certain scale or chord progression or song,little exercises like this are really helpful.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.