Page 1 of 3
Hey guys, I have gotten a ton of great deals on guitars but I think I got the best one yet tonight. It's a new 2005 Gibson Les paul Standard DC, and I only payed 1000 with tax on it. Apparently my guitarcenter had it at 1400 for about a year (which was cost) and no one bought it, so they "lowered their cost" (which doesn't make any sense) down to 925. Anyway here are a couple pictures of the beast:

At that same guitarcenter I have gotten a Highway 1 stratocaster for $425 and an Ibanez acoustic-electric with Fishman Aura electronics for $300 flat. I suppose they are just incompetent at selling anything higher end there. Of course my favorite deal on a guitar was my first.. a Takamine Jasmine that I traded a skateboard for 10 years ago. I still have that guitar and will keep it always, it's the only guitar I've kept long enough to be a natural relic, lol. I'm sure some of you have great stories too.
My Ibanez Radius in mint condition w/ the HSC for $200 has to be the best deal I've gotten so far.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Would you believe the mark-up on guitars is incredibly high? Even with the ridiculous discounts, they're still making money. Gibson guitars are overpriced bigtime. Don't get me wrong, they're nice guitars, they're just way overpriced.
Quote by KG6_Steven
Would you believe the mark-up on guitars is incredibly high? Even with the ridiculous discounts, they're still making money. Gibson guitars are overpriced bigtime. Don't get me wrong, they're nice guitars, they're just way overpriced.

yeah but this guy got his for a good deal, which is worth it IMO, and i honestly have a hate thing with gibsons
I bought a new marshall half stack from a friend for 50 bucks. No joke (hes a dumbass)
My eleca les paul. I bought it from a friend of my dads and he included the pickups from a Gibson SG standard for $50. I installed them earlier this week.
Quote by Cody188
I bought a new marshall half stack from a friend for 50 bucks. No joke (hes a dumbass)

MG series?

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

I got a 98 schecter diamond series with a hardcase for 170. Just a couple dings in the paint, plus the hardcase was worth at least 50.
TheBurningFish wrote:
I don't mean to generalise but I don't believe the average Coldplay fan is a massive musical theory nut.

FS/FT: Cort SP1 Stratocaster
Zoom GFX5 fx processor
Washburn BD40 amp
$100 each OBO
Quote by Pr0gNut
MG series?

Yea. His family is loaded and he decided after a month or two of playing that it takes skill and practice and he had zero of both
Quote by Pr0gNut
MG series?

Who cares? It's a half stack :P
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Quote by Cody188
Yea. His family is loaded and he decided after a month or two of playing that it takes skill and practice and he had zero of both

I'm not a huge fan of the MG series but for 50 bucks that's a ****ing steal

Quote by Pr0gNut
I'm not a huge fan of the MG series but for 50 bucks that's a ****ing steal

haha, yea. It completely kicks my old amp's ass... So I was happy.
Quote by Cody188
haha, yea. It completely kicks my old amp's ass... So I was happy.

Haha, I'd buy an MG half-stack for 50, they don't sound THAT terrible, just terrible for spending real money. Now that I got a lifetime axe, I'm thinking I need an ac30 or something legendary for an amp as well. Of course there is no end to guitar spending, ever.
Quote by coinstarp
Haha, I'd buy an MG half-stack for 50, they don't sound THAT terrible, just terrible for spending real money. Now that I got a lifetime axe, I'm thinking I need an ac30 or something legendary for an amp as well. Of course there is no end to guitar spending, ever.

Can i recommend an orange. Amazing amps.

But yea. My best deal has to be my SG Special. It's a 1990 for three hundred bucks.
1990 Gibson SG Special Black
2003 Martin Hd-28
Fender Standard Telecaster Chrome Red
Randall RX120RH On RX412 SOLD!!
Fender Pro Jr. Combo
Keeley Modded Boss DS-1
Electro Harmonics Metal Muff
Ernie Ball Vp Jr.
Guitar with Seymour duncan pups
grover tuners
quilted maple top
buzz feiten tuning system

for £300, get in.
Gear n Shizz:

Washburn X50 Pro
Epiphone Korina Explorer
Line 6 Flextone III 75w
Got my gibson sg supreme for 800 with a case, also got my 5150 halfstack for 800
Gear:

Jackson Mark Morton Dominion
Mesa Dual Rect 2 Channel
Marshall JCM900 1960 cab
I got an Ibanez RG570 for $110 from a friend who doesn't play anymore.
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
I got a used MIM telecaster + lots of stuff for 200 bucks. when you break it down, I paid around 100 bucks for the guitar.
I bought a used guitar and amp from my friend a couple months ago for 80$. It was a great deal because they both work great and I love playing them.
Faded Flying V- 550 dollars
jackson DKMG-350 dolalrs
gibson SG standard-850 dollars
The Mitch Clem formula
1)make jokes about rancid and NOFX (as if they dont already make fun of themselves)
2)make obvious punk puns, possibly related to food
3)make fun of Rancid and NOFX again
4)??????
5)PROFIT (and an army of internet fanboys)
a ibanez RGA321F Prestige for 6500 SEK , new price is 16000 SEK :P
Inspired by Ibanez RGA321F Prestige, Gibson Les Paul Standard