http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-SL3-Soloist-Electric-Guitar?sku=512237

vs

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-MH1000-Electric-Guitar-with-EMGs?sku=512954

vs

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Dean-Razorback-7-255-7-String-Electric-Guitar?sku=515818

I'm torn between which will be my next guitar. Before anyone says it, come xmas my amp problem is fixed with a Bugera 6262 212.

Generally, my favorite genres are: Metal, Thrash Metal, Death Metal, and ocassional hard rock

Favorite artists consist of: Trivium (my favorite out of my favorites lol), Death, Pantera, Annihilator, Metallica, Children of Bodom, Joe Satriani, Paul Gilbert, John Petrucci

Looking for a guitar that will suit my playing style and taste. Upon research and asking for opinions here on UG I've really come to be torn between these three.

I've played the Jackson but only briefly. Didn't get enough of a feel for it but it was EXTREMELY comfortable for me to play. Felt like it was mine and I'd been playing it for years.

I couldn't get my hands on the ESP MH-1000 but I tried out the MH-400 thoroughly, while the sound was good this was outweighed by how awkward it felt to play it. Idk ESP's always feel uncomfortable for me lol.

The Dean was something that was recently brought to my attention. Ultimately, I someday hope to get a 7 string, but what is most important to me is the sound of my guitar right now and not that 7th string although I'd enjoy it. My favorite band is Trivium and they use deans. Then again I'm really unfamiliar with dean guitars. I only tried out a really crappy 100-200$ razorback one time and I wasn't impressed.
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
Quote by stratdud39
well that dean was $300 cheaper about a month ago.
and i'd go with the soloist for versatility, if you really want a seven string, then look at some other than deans

I'm not really too worried about a 7 string atm.

More worried about finding a guitar that sounds good and will cater to my playing needs.

Also forgot to mention my budget is 1k

EDIT:

No hellraiser. Played it and wasn't fond of it
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
soloist for the resons stated above

and that 7 string dean is... atrocious
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
soloist for the resons stated above

and that 7 string dean is... atrocious

Lol.

It's that bad?
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by TheBodomBullet
Lol.

It's that bad?

It sounds bad, its huge and awkward to handle, its ugly and it chips really, really easily
thats in my experience with this one and razorbacks in general, Even MLs hold up better, since they don't have that beveled edge
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
Quote by ShredGod George
It sounds bad, its huge and awkward to handle, its ugly and it chips really, really easily
thats in my experience with this one and razorbacks in general, Even MLs hold up better, since they don't have that beveled edge

I see

Also I'm not closed off to just these 3 guitars. I'm open to new suggestions if necessary lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
The SL3 is very versitile. I love the single coils and use the neck pickup alot for clean tele and strat sounds.
Quote by macjac
The SL3 is very versitile. I love the single coils and use the neck pickup alot for clean tele and strat sounds.

Me too! I have EMGs and love the neck pup.
Quote by macjac

How versatile?

I like to go from heavy stuff and metal to Satch,Petrucci, Gilbert stuff and some ballads.\

If I got the SL3 I was thinking of maybe switching out one of those pickups for some emg's or a seymour duncan blackout
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Mine is great for metal, but also does blues and almost an accoustic sound with the S and has super clean chord resolution. The EMG S and SA are amazing, as is the 81.
Don't get Actives if you're like me. They sound disgusting clean. Even the EMG single coils sound bad, imo. I'd shove in some Blue Velvets in the Neck/Middle, and some high output humbucker in the bridge. Maybe a Bill Lawrence (The Guy) XL500L?
Quote by satchgear
I tried it out in store.

Great neck, nice n light, good tuning stability. Overall a good guitar. I didn't but it cause I generally only buy guitars over a grand now.
Quote by V.U.K
Don't get Actives if you're like me. They sound disgusting clean. Even the EMG single coils sound bad, imo. I'd shove in some Blue Velvets in the Neck/Middle, and some high output humbucker in the bridge. Maybe a Bill Lawrence (The Guy) XL500L?

How about some air nortons or d sonics?

EDIT: Yeah I like passives too lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
How about a the SL3 with an X2N or a BLXL500l and some dimarzio cruisers
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Quote by devit
How about a the SL3 with an X2N or a BLXL500l and some dimarzio cruisers

Haven't tried or even heard of X2N or a BLXL500l

But cruisers are something to think about.

I always liked the air nortons Petrucci used. Idk put those in a guitar's neck and WHOA lol.
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon: