im going to be buying my first electric guitar so i though i would buy the esp ax 260. its a wicked guitar and sounds pretty good too. http://www.espguitars.com/guitars_ax.html. the only bad thing is that it has passive esp emg lh 301 pickups but that shouldnt matter for me as a beginner right? i watched vids on utube and it sound great. i think this is better than any of the bc rich guitars. what do u guys think? do u think i made a good choice of buying this esp ltd guitar with passives over any other brand?
Thats too showy for my tastes! It seems like a decent guitar though for sure if you have that kinda money lyin around.
If you're just beginning you'll want to get something versatile so you can practice all kinds of music.
i know im a beginner but i really just want to play metal and maybe some rock and thats what this guitar does the best. this guitar IS in my budget but do u think there is something better i can get for 450? i really like the looks of it and the sound even though its passive stock pickups by esp-emg
The thing is nice, but it's just for show, not shred. It still has the new standard ESP LH-301 Pickups which aren't very good at all. Get an ESP M-200FM. Licensed Floyd Rose, EMGESP Pickups, Neck-Thru Body, and Flamed Top. About the same price.
that guitar is the same as the ax! same stuff in it with the same pickups. i think i might just go with the ax then. u gotta watch the vids on utube and this guitar sounds amazing. it IS made for shredding but for intermediates only. if i had a bigger budget id go with the ax 400. this guitar also recieved 2 good reviews on this site go look it up.
You don't have to tell me. I used to own the AX-260, now I have an AX-2E. Both are just MEtal Riffers, not shredders until you change out the pickups. You can shred, but not a lot. Good guitar just for playing Metal riffs. Very heavy sounding, solid Axe.
i have an aocustic guitar also for learning basic stuff on. i really wanted an insane metal weapon as my first guitar because they seem like so much fun. i hate acoustics cause theyre too hard to play. look guys im giving up guitar hero world tour for this ax 260!!!!
If you like it try it out first if you can. I played one used and thought it was pretty good I would have bought it if the guy didn't want an arm and a leg for it used. I think it is a fairly easy guitar to play even for a beginner.

I thought it was a pretty comfortable guitar to hold and play. It sat nice while sitting to although I never sit when I play. The neck felt good and the action on the one I tried was super low with very little fret buzz.

As far as a good beginner Electric I couldn't really say what is the best choice except get something you feel comfortable with and like. I learned if you like your guitar your more likely to want to play it and will tend to practice more. My kids first guitar was a Warlock and he had a very easy time with it and seemed to be able get used to it fast. All he wanted was a Warlock I tried to convince him in buying an LP style because I thought that would be easier for him to learn on. I talked to the guy that was going to teach him to see if he could convince my kid otherwise and he said get him the guitar he wants and likes because he would be more likely to want to play it more rather than a guitar he hated IMHO he was right.

John
EWWWW!!!!!!

But seriously that guitar sucks
Fender 72 Tele Thinline (my baby)
Gibson SG Special Faded
ESP LTD M-1000
Peavy Vk 112
Boss GT-10
for $450, there is much better...
For $50 more, there is the Ibanez S320, which is a great guitar for the price. very playable.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
i really dont like the looks of ibanez. i like the ESP guitars though. the ltd m-200fh is a great guitar for me but it has the same things as the ax except for the tremolo but they arent really necessary for a metal guitar right? so i guess it just goes down to looks then so i guess i might buy the ax260 then cuase like john said, it has to be something i really like and this guitar really appeals to me. i just wish it had a trem on it though
Quote by HD20
i really dont like the looks of ibanez. i like the ESP guitars though. the ltd m-200fh is a great guitar for me but it has the same things as the ax except for the tremolo but they arent really necessary for a metal guitar right? so i guess it just goes down to looks then so i guess i might buy the ax260 then cuase like john said, it has to be something i really like and this guitar really appeals to me. i just wish it had a trem on it though

you kind of have it all wrong..
you dont know what guitar is the great one for you, because technically, your not a guitar player yet.
floyd roses arent good for beginners either...too mcuh hassle, you'll be worrying more about your trem system than your actual guitar playing.
At this point, it doesnt really matter if you like how it looks, your looking for a guitar to learn on, the best one you can find.
I'd really consider a more versatile guitar, one that will last with you, like as i mentioned before, a g-400.
AND as i said before you wont be able to start with metal anyway!!!
but would it matter if i buy the epi sg or the ax 260?? they are equivalent in terms of hardware right because they both use intermediate pickups.and what do u mean by versatile? the ax 260 would last me a long time if i ever get good because its not for beginners. the ax 50 is but that sounds terrible so im willing to throw in some extra cash.
Quote by HD20
but would it matter if i buy the epi sg or the ax 260?? they are equivalent in terms of hardware right because they both use intermediate pickups.and what do u mean by versatile? the ax 260 would last me a long time if i ever get good because its not for beginners. the ax 50 is but that sounds terrible so im willing to throw in some extra cash.

when i say last you a long time, i mean you'll still want to play it in 3 or 4 years.
it WOULD matter, i have played both the ESP and the Epi and the epi was better.
and the epi, as i have been saying, is more versatile.
more versatile in this case means being able to play more than just metal...and the SG can get away with any genre.
Just 'cause you have to pull out extra cash doesn't mean it's not for beginners. The Kramer Striker series costs half the price of any guitars in close quality and electronics. Price doesn't determine anything except the name on the headstock.