Hey all,

My band just got 1" buttons done up. We paid 70 dollars to get 250 of them. Now, I've never actually bought buttons at a live show--what do you usually pay/sell them for? We were thinking 1.50 a piece. I've paid 2.00 to get them from local retailers and 1.50 seemed like a good "pocket change" figure to base it on.
Man thats a good idea to more than double your money. Umm Im not really a button buyer but i could see paying $1.50 or so. What Id do is try selling them for $2 and see how much product you move. Then based on the numbers you may have to sell for less.
My Gear:

Fender Aerodyne Stratocaster
NOS Tweed Fender Blues Jr
Boss BD-2
Boss CE-5
Boss CS-3
Dunlop Slash Crybaby
Korg DT-10
Boss BR-600
MXR Script Phase 90
MXR DD-7 Analog Delay

GASing for:
Vox V847
sell em for a dollar....
youd make 250 if you sell all of them.
thats over 400% profit!!!!!!!!! whoo!!!!!
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
I thought it said $700 for 250 and I thought 'what an idiot'

I need to sleep
Quote by Twist of fate
I like playing twister with dead cats and old people
I'd say give 'em out for free to anyone that wants em, just get the name out there. I mean, who wouldn't want a free button? (I definitely would want one)
But if you're going to charge, I'd say about half a dollar to a dollar.
i def. say a dollar itd be easy and simple and nck sprks i would say give stickers away not buttons charge like a dollar for buttons even though im not sure how many your gonna sell ive personally never saw the point in buying a button, posters cds tshirts bandanas (ive actually seen this one time thought it was a pretty badass idea) yea but i dont buy buttons but hell every band ive seen was selling them so somone has to be buying them
Id sell half of them after you play and when ur up there between songs throw them into the crowd
Quote by basspunk709
sell em for a dollar....
youd make 250 if you sell all of them.
thats over 400% profit!!!!!!!!! whoo!!!!!

No it isn't :S It's less than 400% profit
Equipment List:

Epiphone Les Paul Studio
Mexican Fender Strat w/ Hot Rails pickup in bridge
Marshall AVT 150 combo
Digitech Grunge Distortion
Boss DS-1
Don't do things like 1.50. People don't want to deal with change. I'd sell them for either a dollar or a quarter.
Sell them for $1.00
I've seen combos where T-Shirts are $15.00, CD's are $10.00 but if you buy them together it's only $20.00 and you get a free button/sticker.
Quote by MooshMooshMarc

Hi 5 man! this is what Im talkin bout!

Rig:
05' B.C. Rich Warlock
Line 6 Spide III 75 Watt Combo
Behringer Cry Babe
Digitech Death Metal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay
Rodam Cables
D'aDarrio XL
Chain for a strap
^this is what i would recommend. maybe at a stretch sell them at cost price or just below. you shouldn't really expect to make money on badges.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.