if i was to tune to B tuning what gauge strings should i get so there the same tension as 10 gauges on standard
Fender MIM Stratocaster With YJM pickup in neck
Esp Ltd Kh-202

Crate 15w

Electro Harmonix Metal Muff
DOD Yngwie J. Malmsteen OD
Digitech Rp 80
should probably just go with the heaviest strings you can find imo
Quote by fearofthemark
A wild asshole appeared!

fearofthemark used GTFO

the june 09'er fled!

Rip Heavens Gate
Quote by basspunk709
should probably just go with the heaviest strings you can find imo

.11's or up dude.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
i personally use 13-56's

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
My 7 string had a 56 ga string for the B, and the others were a set of 10's. If you're doing some drop tuning like B F# B E G# C#, the strings have to all be lower gauges than normal of course. This is only to avoid excess slack buzzing, especially on the lowest strings, and get a better, deeper sound.
If you look on musicians friend or somewhere else, you can find a beefier string set for this type of tuning. I think Ernie Ball and GHS both have special Heavy Metal or Baritone guitar string sets. I know Zakk Wylde has endorsed one like that. They are a little more expensive though.
Quote by rrhoads47
if i was to tune to B tuning what gauge strings should i get so there the same tension as 10 gauges on standard

13-56 in B tuning will have roughly the same tension as 10-46 in E tuning.

have fun!
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Use a 7 string set (10's) and take out the 1st string.

Essentially 13-56's.

^
He's laughing at YOU.
You better click that bastard.

Ibanez RG370DX
Peavey Valveking 112 (w/ Bad Monkey and GE-7 EQ)
EB 12 - 56. I use em for Drop B, but I tune my higest string down to B and sometimes my (normally) B string down to F# so most of it's like standard b tuning; perfect tension from a set of 10 - 46 d'addarios. I wish D'Addario made more interesting gauges like EB does; it seems like after 10 - 52 you can only get them in like 11 - 49, 12 - 52 or 54 and 13 - 56, no custom gauges etc.
i personally use .011 .015 .018 .028 .038 .058 but thats at a dropped B id go with whatever a .11-.56 would be
Crank your rig on 12, let it feedback wide-open for a good two minutes, freak your neighbors out and ENJOY THE POWER OF THE GUITAR! 'Oh, what a feeling,' and it ain't no damned Toyota!" ----Dimebag Darrell
At least .11's when I played really low tunings I used Ernie Ball Not Even Slinkys
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor