I started playing guitar earlier this year in January, and I need a track that I can start off with and can just get some of my ideas down. Would the Boss BR Micro be good for this? I don't have a band or anything, so it's mainly gonna be solo projects. I'm also wondering if this thing can record keyboards. My keyboard can be plugged into my amp without a problem, so why not this? (I'm asking this because it's known as the GUITAR companion or whatever. lol)
i have 1 of these

Best thing i ever bought

The line 6 BackTrack also works well
The UN-exiled one.
That is quite a lot of money for just writing down ideas.

Use a video camera if you have one.

I don't have any other suggestions though.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by tmfiore
That is quite a lot of money for just writing down ideas.

Use a video camera if you have one.

I don't have any other suggestions though.

Well, I mean, I have written full length songs. Songs with bass and everything in them. I think they're more than just ideas, but that's just what I refer to them.
I'm thinking about getting this too, would it be good for like recording rhythm at a friends house and then vocals at home then going back to record bass and drums or something like that
I would suggest a Toneport GX for ideas and recording your keyboard. The Micro BR is nice but a little high in price just to get ideas down. It will DI a guitar but your keyboard may not work with that type of input. It was made around recording guitars and bass.

You could do a lot with a cheaper interface and laptop or desktop computer. IF you are serious about recording...even a little bit...go with a good interface starting around $200 and you wont regret it later. The PreSonus Inspire or EMU 0202 or 0404 USB are all good starts.
The Toneports work but are not the best...but they are cheap...
if your just putting down ideas then why not get a handheld recorder from walmart/bestbuy?

they work just fine and with all the money you just saved you can invest in a higher quality computer based interface for production based recording.

for just the idea, you don't need really high quality sound. why waste the money?

-Ryan
Quote by Jared R. Boyd
if your just putting down ideas then why not get a handheld recorder from walmart/bestbuy?

they work just fine and with all the money you just saved you can invest in a higher quality computer based interface for production based recording.

for just the idea, you don't need really high quality sound. why waste the money?

-Ryan

With the Micro BR, you can actually turn a rough idea into a passably decent-quality song.
Fair one, but with the BR, you can use the built in mic to record fair quality vocals and acoustic. But if TS will never record those for his rough ideas, then probably go with the Toneport. When I had my BR, i mostly used the mic rather than DI as i liked the sound better.
There is poetry in despair.
You sound pretty convinced it is what you want.
Quote by ottoavist

i suppose there's a chance
i'm just a litte too shallow to consider
that maybe i've been a little more eager
each day to wake up and take a shower
brush my teeth and smile for the mirror