It possibly can't be it's worth 300 bucks can it? Just wondering, i'm considering switching from my Smartgate to the Decimator if it's better.
I'd say so, it's basically two pedals that eliminate noise from both of the key sources, the guitar and the preamp. If I was rockin a high gain set up and had the money I'd probably get the G-string.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Yeah ^^^ otherwise just get the pedal version isp decimator.
Pain is an illusion.
Schecter Hellraiser C-1 w/ Seymour Duncan JB/Jazz Combo
Pitchblack | Bad Horsie 2 | DS-1 | BF-2 | ISP Decimator | DD6
YouTube Channel
i have the pedal version and it works rather awesomely. i would imagine the G-string would do the same, just better
No, I used to have the G-string. Just get the pro rack and be done with it.
Quote by doggy_hat
This chick that looked like shrek ****ed me while I was passed out on xanax. I screamed when I woke up.
The G-String pedal isn't $300 (or it is? Cant' remember) but yeah, they're awesome. The regular pedal is $125 so there you go unless you have a rack, then yes, go for the rack
Quote by Paroxysm
The G-String pedal isn't $300 (or it is? Cant' remember) but yeah, they're awesome. The regular pedal is $125 so there you go unless you have a rack, then yes, go for the rack

Well sorry they're like around 250 or so...you get my drift though lol
i have one with my solid state randall rg100sc g2 amp. Before using the pedal I couldn't turn the amp over 1/3 volume without feedbacking like crazy. Now its completely silent. Just make sure you get a good power supply for it or lots of batteries if you plan on using it a lot. When the batteries start dying it lets some feedback through. With good batteries its golden though.
$300 for a pedal is absurd. $450 for their rack unit is absurd. if you need that much protection against feedback then you are using too much gain... i used to think i needed all that crap until i learned how to play with less gain.
Well Enough Alone
My no.1 tip for good tone: ditch the noise supressors... When the decimator came out everybody said it's a new era for this sort of pedal and everyone will have one. I know two people who had them; it totally destroyed their sound. As long as you turn your guitars volume down when you're not playing you shouldn't be humming that badly; and if you are I second the person above you're using too much gain... Or live in some fluorescent wonderland...

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
Quote by Kevin Saale
I'd say so, it's basically two pedals that eliminate noise from both of the key sources, the guitar and the preamp. If I was rockin a high gain set up and had the money I'd probably get the G-string.

That is exactly what I am thinking. Something else to suggest TS? Try upgrading your cables in the effects chain if noise is an issue and see where that lands you. I would forgo it unless you are getting just an unnature tone of noise in your effects loop/preamp. that having been said, I would probably buy one of these bad boys too hehe...
Well IDK about the G String but I just used the regular one for a little on my rig and damn it is impressive! I can dime both the gain and drive on the lead channel of my Mark IV and once I stop playing it is dead ass silent, very very impressive.
Some of the posts above are completely retarded. People who plain high gain stuff need noise suppressors. Experiencing hiss/noise/feedback DOES NOT mean you're using too much gain. End of story. There's a bunch of stuff that is entirely (or close to) transparant and thus won't color your tone. The G-string is regarded as the best noise suppressor in pedal form, although the be all end all of noise suppresors would be the ISP ProrackG.
gear:
-Ibanez ART 120 (w/EMG 81/85)
-Ibanez RG 1570
-Peavey 6505
-Tube-Town TTC 212V
-ISP Decimator G-String
-Maxon OD-9
-T-rex Fuel tank Junior

Coming soon:
-BBE Sonic Maximizer
-EQ
Quote by fearo
Some of the posts above are completely retarded. People who plain high gain stuff need noise suppressors. Experiencing hiss/noise/feedback DOES NOT mean you're using too much gain. End of story. There's a bunch of stuff that is entirely (or close to) transparant and thus won't color your tone. The G-string is regarded as the best noise suppressor in pedal form, although the be all end all of noise suppresors would be the ISP ProrackG.

I have to agree, some amps like the 5150 are just noisy, no matter how much gain you use.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau