I want a combo tube amp for the house. All my tube amps are heads that I use with the band. except my crate v series which I also use with the band as a clean channel. My 6505 is my preferred amp but I don't want a 6505 combo. I want something else. Is this a decent price for this? What's the list price I couldnt find it nowhere? Or price that stores sell them for new. If they are like 1400 new id rather buy new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200286406408&indexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting
I wouldn't get one if you can't crank it, to me they're pretty stale at lower volumes.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
I wouldn't get one if you can't crank it, to me they're pretty stale at lower volumes.

I can crank it. I just moved into a house out in the country. I have one of my 6505's here and im able to crank it. But I keep the rest of them at the practice space. Plus I don't like having that stack in my living room. I want a combo amp by my computer mic'd up for recording.
According to this>>>>>> http://www.jaxed.com/cgi-bin/mash.cgi?cat=mus&itm=mesa&loc=&fil=rectoverb&ys=&ye=&submit=++++go++++

I'd say it's a pretty good deal. As long as you mean US$

Edit: And according to this>>>>>>>>>>> http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o269/jazzgear/Mesa%20Boogie%20PRONET%20FEB%202008/MesaPRONETFEB2008Page1.jpg

You're lookin at $1599.00 new. Assuming the one on the bay is a Series II.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Dec 13, 2008,
yes im in the USA. This is like a single rec with added features isn't it? Thats kindof what im looking for. If I don't get this I'll just get a single rec head with a 2x12 cab instead of using one of my 4x12's.
It's just a single rec with reverb if I remember right. It might have a tube rectifier as well but I'm not sure.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Mesa's 50 watters only have silicon diodes. No recto tube. But Reverb is the only difference between a verb and a single.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
A rectifier tube isnt that important to me anyway but I thought a single rec meant it had one rectifier tube?? I am seeing a good deal on a roadster dual rec too. What's the big difference in a dual rec and a roadster dual rec? Or a road king dual rec?
The Road King has a crapton more features than the Dual Rec - in a way they're an amalgamation of the Mark series and a Rec. The Roadster is a simplified version of the Road King.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Roadster is 100 watts and it has reverb. It's 1 step down from the Road King. (Mesa's best amp ever and hopefully my next major purchase!)
It also has 4 channels and for each channel you can assign 50 or 100 watts independently. For each channel. And a lot more options per channel. Like Brit or Tweed.

Dual Rec: No reverb, 3 channels, 100 watts. This is A great rhythm amp not so great for leads

Road King: variable wattage 4 channels has 4 6L6s and 2 El34s. You can mesh the two together. As in run 6L6s and EL34s. The series II has the Lone Star circuit for amazing cleans. which you won't get in a Roadster or Dual Rec.

Keep in mind Mesas are not plug and play amps! They take a lot of EQing to get your tone. But once you get it. The pearly gates open and say welcome to heaven.
Last edited by boxcarmonument at Dec 13, 2008,
where's Matrixclaw, he has a price list in his sig. I've always respected his take on Mesa
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by boxcarmonument
Roadster is 100 watts and it has reverb. It's 1 step down from the Road King. (Mesa's best amp ever and hopefully my next major purchase!)
It also has 4 channels and for each channel you can assign 50 or 100 watts independently. For each channel. And a lot more options per channel. Like Brit or Tweed.

Dual Rec: No reverb, 3 channels, 100 watts. This is A great rhythm amp not so great for leads

Road King: variable wattage 4 channels has 4 6L6s and 2 El34s. You can mesh the two together. As in run 6L6s and EL34s. The series II has the Lone Star circuit for amazing cleans. which you won't get in a Roadster or Dual Rec.

Keep in mind Mesas are not plug and play amps! They take a lot of EQing to get your tone. But once you get it. The pearly gates open and say welcome to heaven.

Yeah, I've messed with a dual rec quite a bit when my other guitar player had one. I'm used to getting the eq perfect. my peavey 6505 is like that. So many people think they don't sound right but they don't understand how to set the thing.
They are very tempermental. I think I got mine just right and I come back a couple hours later and shazzam I playing with knobs again. But I love it.

A lot of people say they sound fuzzy. But if you keep the presence below noon. It seems to take the Fuzz out.
Quote by boxcarmonument
They are very tempermental. I think I got mine just right and I come back a couple hours later and shazzam I playing with knobs again. But I love it.

A lot of people say they sound fuzzy. But if you keep the presence below noon. It seems to take the Fuzz out.

Yeah thats how I was with my 6505 for a while. What helped my 6505 sound perfect was adding the hardwire OD pedal. Ever since I've done that I keep my settings the same and it boost my lows and highs and drives my tubes. I also let it add just a tad bit more pre amp gain and im satisfied with it everytime. I've noticed that my amp sounds much better when I crank the volume to 10 before I play without my guitar turned up. And it gets the tubes really hot. Then when I go to play I turn it down and the tubes are burning. Probably makes tube life go down doing that but it's worth it. Especially on a recording.
Earlier this year I paid 1k for my 2 yr old rectoverb combo. Maybe i got ripped off, maybe I made out I don't know.
Guitars
Amps
Quote by Matt15f
Earlier this year I paid 1k for my 2 yr old rectoverb combo. Maybe i got ripped off, maybe I made out I don't know.

Earlier this year the economy was better. But prices haven't dropped that much so I'd say you got a deal.