Page 1 of 2
First of all...Yes i am american...
but thats not the point. I am not obese i am just pretty overweight.

I want to know how it is that you lose weight efficiently ...ive been walking but that isnt going to be enough...

i am 6'1 and weigh 278 pounds, yes it sounds like its a crap load which it is but it does not resemble on my body since im pretty tall...so go bash at me for being fat because i am american but leave a tip...it does suck to be fat when every1 else is skinny.
Aww this is sad. Don't bash yourself and maybe check out the other weight loss thread that was just started. Although I don't think it's really the same thing, it's still kind of a repeat.
"Love is the only thing that we can carry with us when we go, and it makes the end so easy." -Louisa May Alcott
Just exercise and run. Stop drinking pop. That stuff is so bad for you it's not even funny.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by crimson205
but thats not the point
. I am not obese i am just pretty overweight.

I want to know how it is that you lose weight efficiently ...ive been walking but that isnt going to be enough...

i am 6'1 and weigh 278 pounds, yes it sounds like its a crap load which it is but it does not resemble on my body since im pretty tall...so go bash at me for being fat because i am american but leave a tip...it does suck to be fat when every1 else is skinny.

Anyhow on topic - learn to love yourself a bit more. It's your perception that you're fat, but if you do want to lose a bit, join a gym or do so HIIT circuits.
Quote by dudius

afterward i thought about it and was like "wow, i just jerked off to a chubby girl sucking off a horse. i'm disgusting".

then i watched that segment again
Nutrition and bodybuilding thread. That is, read it.
My Last.fm Account

My Band

Quote by Jackal58
JoHNNERz you sir are my hero of the moment.
Yeah, this is best suited for that huge thread on physical health/nutrition and so on. I'll tell you this though: After graduating I weighed 206 pounds and not even 5 months later I'm in the 170's from simply maintaining a low fat diet and regular exercise. Follow this but use that other thread for specific information to supplement it and you'll be fine...if you stay motivated.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
cut out white bread or "white" carbs in general (like rice). When you eat meat, make sure its lean. Work out (like weights) it'll boost your metabolism, but dont do too much at first you'll hurt yourself. Cut your daily calories by about 500. by your weight and height im guessing for your body to sustain it self it needs ohh.. 3300. so aim for 2800-3000? DONT SKIP MEALS.

DONT SKIP MEALS. and losing 1-2 pounds a week is where its at. Seriously. It means your not losing (alot) of muscle as well
Life is just one big RPG without a heads up display
Jog, Walking is for pussies, not trying to be sad I'm just telling it like it is
to loose weight you have to do strenuous exercise like I was fat once and I jogged like half an hour a day everyday for about a year, at first I had to stop four times on one lap of the block, after two months I could do ten without stopping, seriously mate Intense Cardio is the way to go, And if your knees get sore just do biking or something till they heal and then get back into the jogging
Eat healthier foods, like lay off the potato chips and everything else, get off the computer for another thing. Go exercise.

Sorry I don't feel your pain though, good luck though!
You could start by leaving the comp...then just run a mile each day and don't eat any fast foods and make sure to eat 3 meals a day that are all normal size
Wow. this is awesome i usually see people making fun of americans. thing is my mother isnt home to make me dinner until like nine . but whatever, what do you say i eat for breakfast, lunch, dinner?
Can you do yourself a favor and not listen to Machine Gun Cat? Jogging is not for pussies, correct, it's for idiots. Ok so I'm being unfair I guess, if you're REEAALLy overweight then whatever i guess you can jog. But that fact that he called it intense Cardio? One of the above posters suggested HIIT? That. Is. The. Way. To. Go. That is intense cardio (look up bike intervals).

Jogging absolutely decimates your knees, stumps muscle growth (if you're working out), and only burns fat whilst you're jogging. HIIT lasts for 15 minutes, but boosts your meteabolism so you're burning fat for the rest of the bloody day and then some. Once you consider yourself in any way shape or form "somewhat in shape," do HIIT. DON'T JOG.
ok bro, I've had the same problem. I'm 5'11 and 160 now, its not great but its not bad. heres what i did, i walked about 3 miles everyday you dont have to run a long as your heart rate is up. cut out fatty foods and cut back on sugar (that killed me cause i love candy). set a goal for yourself that part is very important. if i were you iwould set my goal as to get down to 250 in 3 months. try eatting salads with a light dressing everyday, youll be amazed at how well that will flush out your system. goodluck, if you want to talk about dieting and such msg me, I've really gotten into resurching healthy living and good was of losing weight.
Good luck by the way and, be smart, don't overtrain. And don't do anything dangerous.
ive lost 20 pounds since october, i cut down sugars, i upped my water intake, toned down my carb intake, increased protein (peanut butter on whole wheat ftw!), try to eat all day to jump start your metabolism, but always eat little by little, you should never feel full of food. I find swimming to be the best lazy mans excercise, because since chances are you have not run in a while you will have joint and other problems when you start working out. swimming has no impact so its great. Anyway good luck man!
bro, i know height and weight mix. im 6'3" 160 and skinny as hell, but I eat a ****load. I started working out recently (freshman football, basketball, and track! undefeated all 3), and just by doing simple stuff like bench presses, pushups, situps, crunches, and dips, and I've lost 10lbs of fat and gained 20 of muscle. The key to building muscle and burning fat is consistency. you can't skip a day otherwise you start all over again, unless you're sick or something, then you're already tired as hell!

just stick to simple stuff that you can do in your room or at a local gym and you can lose plenty. does your family have history of anything? ie: diabetes, thyroid ****, overall eating habits?
I recently dropped a few pounds (not many, like 10, but under the circumstances I'd say it's a good start) with small changes. I stopped buying junk food. It's so much easier to resist buying it than it is to resist eating it. No doughnuts, no chips, no prepackaged snacks at all. If I'm hungry, I eat a meal. I don't buy soda. I might occasionally have one if it's all that's easily available, but water is good, drink it. Not buying snacks and ordering water at restaurants/fast food places can save you some money too. When you have to eat fast food, just order the sandwich without the fries. I know the combo meal is a good deal. It's evil, resist. Also, don't drink beer.

Doing those things halted weight that I had been slowly gaining and even knocked a little bit of it off, and I get almost no exercise whatsoever.

People are going to tell you to run a lot. Running does burn a lot more energy than walking, but if you decide to try it, watch your knees. I myself can not run as my knees are bad. You don't want to destroy your knees, it just makes your life all kinds of painful.
Eh, no the rest of my fam is pretty fit. I am also hispanic so my family doesnt eat that much fast food i guess.
I want to add something else. I do Krav Maga, some boxing and plan on doing some BJJ at a good MMA training facility for a lot of my exercise. This has been very helpful because I get exercise by doing something I enjoy. I recommend that you find something you like rather than doing something for exercise exclusively for the sake of losing weight. It can be done, but it's so much easier to stay motivated when you enjoy what you're doing. Now, I also force myself to hit the treadmill, but because it isn't my sole means of exercise I can stand to do it.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
Exercise anywhere from 20-40 minutes a day, 3 or 4 days a week. Walk a lot, drink water, and eat right.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
My Biggest problem is eating, i may overeat and eat a little bit, alot of times.
Quote by crimson205
My Biggest problem is eating, i may overeat and eat a little bit, alot of times.

It's not how much you eat, it's what you eat.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
on regular days i eat meat and rice, or some pastas, but yeah i eat fast food at least once. and i hate it i went for the gym almost every day for a month and a week but then i felt tired for one day, didnt go the next and stopped. i dont know why its so hard for me
Here's my sincere, hopefully helpful take on it; I've done a lot of excercise and diet stuff throughout highschool/ college, but only in the last few years have I become really aware of the subtleties of my body and been able to control my phsyique exactly how I want.

Eat less, eat balanced, but most imporantly eat smart.
You're 6'1" if you want to lose weight then eat about 2000-2200 calories a day.
Eat as soon as you get up. Eat lunch at 11:00-11:30 ish, eat an afternoon snack around 3, eat dinner by 5:30, you can have an evening snack, but don't eat at all in the four hours before bed.
--this alone is better than any diet you will ever run into, it keeps your metabolism at full throatle throughout the whole day, and doesn't insert calories into your body before it slows down at night.

Walking is a fine excercise, eat simple sugar--preferably fructose--during which ever of the meals listed above occurs before excercise and eat protien in whatever meal occurs after excercise. You might do a little body building--pushups etc. having more muscle will boost your metabolism, but beware, it will also make you noticably more hungry comapared to aerobic/cardiovascular excercise.

Be consistant with excercise, a two hour run once a week isn't even as good as a 20 minute jog four times a week.

Ignore atkins and every other retarded diet, food pyramid is your friend. GNC and all other stores like that are rip offs you get everything you need out of a balanced diet.

Make sure you drink everything out of mug sized glasses, not ice tea glasses-you'll cut a lot of bored calories that way. Drink plenty of water throughout the day. If you'r not peeing every two hours at least, you're not doing it right.

There's other things too--I don't use any caffine because stimulants will slow down your metabolism when you don't have the stimulants in your body.

I got more tips if you want them.
Last edited by dullsilver_mike at Dec 13, 2008,
Wow i read the long post above me and it sounds perfect, i can walk 40 mins every day and try to eat well. does it matter what i eat in the morning? i usually eat cereal. and a chicken sandwich at lunch with white bread and cheese, pretty much the healthiest thing at school
Quote by crimson205
Wow i read the long post above me and it sounds perfect, i can walk 40 mins every day and try to eat well. does it matter what i eat in the morning? i usually eat cereal. and a chicken sandwich at lunch with white bread and cheese, pretty much the healthiest thing at school

Just make sure to get some complex carbs at breakfast, as it's the longest break between that and the next meal/snack, and it will really get you running. Cereal should do the trick just fine.

You also probably want breakfast or lunch to be your biggest meal, not supper, even though that goes against what most of us are used to. If you eat a 100-150 calorie snack at 3:00 though, you won't be as hungry at supper time.

You should eat wheat bread.. it's a little more healthy than white, but more importantly it just tastes a hell of a lot better

If you can't get a snack at school bring cereal bars, that's what I eat for my afternoon snack usually.

and take a few weeks to actually count calories, you won't have to keep it up, but it will make you aware of exactly what you're eating now.
Eat better, run for at least 30 minutes 3 or 4 days a week and try to work out.
"We are not concerned with motive, with higher ethics. We are concerned only with cutting down crime-."
Quote by crimson205
but thats not the point. I am not obese i am just pretty overweight.

Eat less, move more
P90X i started not to long ago and i'm getting in better shape, it tells you to eat smaller healthy portions more often, which will increase your metabolism causing you to burn fat, and you won't be hungry all the time.

I haven't done the P90 in a week or so though school got in the way
Quote by Sguit
there is two main steps:

1. use google
2. repeat the first step
Run fatcakes RUN

Exercise and get off the high cholesterol and fatty foods

I'm glad you've made a start by admitting it.

Post Pic's of before and after
a little lost.....
Last edited by Davo Ownz at Dec 13, 2008,
try and eat smaller amounts of food, maybe you are over-eating. try and eat healthier foods, greens, poper proteins. the idea is to properly spend the energy you get from your food. maybe the amount you're eating now is not right for you at the moment, but this over-amount may be correct later on when you start spending more energy. starvation is absolutely pointless, it will benefit you in no ways whatsoever. obviously exercising is a must, you dont have to go for an all-out blastoid workout. work your way up gradually, the human body thrives in conditions of improvement, not by exerting it to extremes and thickening it's ''skin'' (you get what i mean). you say walking isnt enough but it sure as hell wont hurt (im glad to see you're also thinking about you're cardio, which is VERY important). try a light jog progression or a walk/jog progression. a walk/jog progression is when you walk for a certain amount of time (say 2 minutes) and then start jogging (for another two, and repeat cycle), the idea is to progress in a way so that you result in jogging for a significantly longer time than you have to walk. eventually you'll just end up jogging. if you want to work out and want to lose weight, then i'd say to target as many muscles in your body as you can, not just your legs, or not just your abs. aim for high reps, low weights. make sure you exercise both antagonistic muscles and protagonist muscles (biceps and triceps, pectorals and back muscles etc.) and remember to exercise your balancing muscles (the smaller muscles in your body that keep you steady) and your core muscles (the muscles that give a proper posture).
Last edited by metalblaster at Dec 13, 2008,
- Swimming
- Running/Jogging
- Minor work outs like crunches.

Be sure to create a schedule... otherwise it will fail.

If you create a schedule, follow it... make sure nothing can come in between... Not hanging out with friends, a date, anything.
Eat Less rubbish food, exercise more

Simple, yes?
FALKIRK

We'll win something someday

Quote by Minkaro
Falkirk is the home of runners up.

Check out my Tunes
Page 1 of 2