I'm going to replace the power tubes in my DSL 50 soon not only because they are the stock tubes but also because they have been in for over 2 years. The EL34s are made by jj,(it has the logo on the base of the tube) though they say Marshall on the glass. Does anyone know if these are the same as the normal JJ el34's?
Gibson Les Paul Studio, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50, Fender Cab, Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo, Boss DD-6, Boss SD-1, Dunlop JH-1B, Takamine EG 530 SSC
They should be just Marshall branded JJ's sounds like factory tubes. I believe! Mesa does the same thing.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
Alright then. And since they are the same i wouldn't need to rebias the amp right?
Gibson Les Paul Studio, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 50, Fender Cab, Dr. Scientist Cosmichorus, Catalinbread Semaphore Tremolo, Boss DD-6, Boss SD-1, Dunlop JH-1B, Takamine EG 530 SSC
Quote by he_is_kyle
Alright then. And since they are the same i wouldn't need to rebias the amp right?

wrong
im pretty sure u have to bias it everytime u change the power tubes.
unless u got those pack of 8 that are matched exctly the same.
that way when u bias the amp and need to change tubes
u could put the other matched pairs n.n
Even if you're keeping the same type of power tube, it's generally a good idea to have the amp rebiased, as most tubes will be different from any tube put next to it.

That being said, if you're using the same type of power tube and go with the same brand, you would also be fine if you didn't rebias the amp, because the tubes won't differ as much as to cause damage to the amp.

If you want to be safe, rebias the amp.
Gear
Guitar
Kramer Striker (JB + Jazz)
Amps
Blackstar HT-5C
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL
Pedals
Dunlop DB-01 Crybaby From Hell
Digitech HardWire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss DS-1
You need to Rebias your amp. EVERY TIME just because you buy the same brand does not mean the current draw is the same. Your tubes will have numbers on the base Like 36 or 58. That is what the bias is set at in the amp. To match the tube.

You could go to the store and look at 15-20 tubes and not find a match to your tubes.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
^...No? You don't set your amp to that number. You set it to the optimal bias...This depends on the tubes, so it's a case by case thing, as to what the setting should be, in regards to your trimpot. But the boltage should about the same.
Here's a video about the DSL and TSL amps.
http://eurotubes.com/euro-Marshall-DSLTSLV.htm

And when you order tubes, they come matched.
Last edited by forsaknazrael at Dec 14, 2008,